Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silver Bullet - Ken got the dreaded 'Roof timed out' message on his Silver 04. Dinerman, Silver Bullet, & myself started an investigative diagnosis of his issues. First by referencing Dickator's 'How to guide' and then consultanting with Mike in AZ. We checked magnets positions, frayed wires, lubricating the switches (Mike's input), no fluid leaks, etc. But no joy. With assist from Dinerman & me, the cover sections would open up & top would come down. After multiple trips up & down, the opening & closing started slowing down. Dinerman noticed bubbling in the hydraulic fluid tank. Could this be the issue - low fluid. Off to AutoZone to get more hydraulic fluid. Got it. Now how to fill the tank without spilling fluid everywhere! Alcohol wash bottle from chemistry lab(red ketchup bottle from Dollar store for future use as substitute). Fill it up & squeeze. Success!!!! :smile2: After a few cycles hydraulic system de-gased and 'Roof timed out' message is gone. Roof open & closed on its owns. That's the silver-lining, but the black cloud :crying:- hydraulic cylinder area right behind the driver's seat show leakage issues that must be addressed. Thanks to the SSR Fanatics website, Dickator, Mike in AZ, & Dinerman for another cure was found. For future reference, if your roof actuation begins to slow down more and more - check for hydraulic leaks and bubbling in the hydraulic tank!:wink2:

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,630 Posts
Way to GO guys! Another problem taken care of!!!

Nick

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,956 Posts
Silver Bullet - Ken got the dreaded 'Roof timed out' message on his Silver 04. Dinerman, Silver Bullet, & myself started an investigative diagnosis of his issues. First by referencing Dickator's 'How to guide' and then consultanting with Mike in AZ. We checked magnets positions, frayed wires, lubricating the switches (Mike's input), no fluid leaks, etc. But no joy. With assist from Dinerman & me, the cover sections would open up & top would come down. After multiple trips up & down, the opening & closing started slowing down. Dinerman noticed bubbling in the hydraulic fluid tank. Could this be the issue - low fluid. Off to AutoZone to get more hydraulic fluid. Got it. Now how to fill the tank without spilling fluid everywhere! Alcohol wash bottle from chemistry lab(red ketchup bottle from Dollar store for future use as substitute). Fill it up & squeeze. Success!!!! :smile2: After a few cycles hydraulic system de-gased and 'Roof timed out' message is gone. Roof open & closed on its owns. That's the silver-lining, but the black cloud :crying:- hydraulic cylinder area right behind the driver's seat show leakage issues that must be addressed. Thanks to the SSR Fanatics website, Dickator, Mike in AZ, & Dinerman for another cure was found. For future reference, if your roof actuation begins to slow down more and more - check for hydraulic leaks and bubbling in the hydraulic tank!:wink2:
More ROOF information on SSR How to Library:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Going to add more as I can.

Dicktator

1 - 3 of 3 Posts