Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having trouble with roof timing out when trying to put it down, could here the latches unlocking but roof tonneau cover not lifting up. Remember hearing and reading about a recall for earlier 03-04 SSR's where they had used small pieces of hose on the hinges and that the hinge could hang up on them.
Replaced the hose with Delrin bushing GM#15775860 that you can get from Simple Engineering seems to be working ok now.
Big Thanks to Simple Engineering for making these parts available to us.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,062 Posts
my own "crib notes"

Be sure that the hinge points in the tonneau hinges are lubricated about once every two years or so...... They can get a little sticky with age. If someone used plain old WD-40 some time in their life, you should start a steady diet of your favorite lube or LPS-2 (my favorite for hinge points).

"Roof Cycle Timeout" may occur if things are too slow. One of the things that makes the roof slow is an aging battery. You can check this by starting the engine and then trying it.... if all is fine with the engine running and not so good with it off, you should take note. That's kind of an early warning that you need to think about installing a new battery in the next 6 months or so.

Mikey

·
My First Permagrin !
567 Posts
Yes it helps to replace worn out parts.

Go to Mike's link: SSR Body Parts

Dicktator

Hi everyone , I have an 05 and don't have any issues . But I'm curios , should I replace the bushing that are on my SSR now , or are the one's that Mike is selling the same one's ? Thanks for all you guys continued insight ! Dave

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi everyone , I have an 05 and don't have any issues . But I'm curios , should I replace the bushing that are on my SSR now , or are the one's that Mike is selling the same one's ? Thanks for all you guys continued insight ! Dave
From what Mike told me at the Texas Rally only the 03's and early 04's used the rubber hose for the bushing then a recall went out. Who ever had mine back then didn't take it in or didn't worry about it. When your putting your top down stop and take a look at your hinges and see whats there and what condition their in, I imagine you have the newer bushings already.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,062 Posts
From what Mike told me at the Texas Rally only the 03's and early 04's used the rubber hose for the bushing then a recall went out. Who ever had mine back then didn't take it in or didn't worry about it. When your putting your top down stop and take a look at your hinges and see whats there and what condition their in, I imagine you have the newer bushings already.
The service bulletin only applies to trucks with serial numbers less than 8184. All regular production trucks after the 8184 break point had the new Delrin bushings in the hinges.

Regards,

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts