Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped those 2 relays that are on top of the roof pump. My say CB1-R-12V and underneath that it says ACB 13221 but I can only find ones that have 13201 on them. Would they be compatible ? 馃槑

Premium Member
Why are you trying to change them? They are both the same
They are number 3 and 9 on this diagram
Both are 5 terminal relays!

There are used to control the direction of rotation of the pump motor. One makes actuators extend. The other would make them retract.
If pump runs as you try to lower AND raise these are not the problem.

Their names imply something else.
They DO NOT control left side and right side actuators separately as the name might imply. They are located on the left side or right side of vehicle!

SSR top relay wiring.gif

SSR top relays.gif

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Pump does not come on. But I hear a clicking sound from the back. I would try those first. 馃槑

Premium Member
Pump does not come on. But I hear a clicking sound from the back. I would try those first. 馃槑
The clicking noise you hear could be the relays energizing, (trying to switch on and off)
If power windows operate I would try switching the two 30 amp circuit breakers in the rear fuse box (#1 supplies the power to make the windows go up and down as controlled by the RDM and #2 supplies the power that the relays turn on and off to operate the roof pump)

Both relays are used for pump operation and one bad relay could cause it not to go up or down --
I will try to explain as briefly as possible

Both relays supply a path to ground for the pump motor when they are de-energized (not commanded on!).

When one relay is commanded on by the RDM (might be the click you hear) the relay switches on to supply power to the pump red wire (from circuit breaker #2) and the other relay being off, STILL provides a path to ground for the pump motor using the black wire and the pump spins one direction.

Now when you switch the direction of pump operation --- the OTHER relay is commanded on (clicks) power is switched on to supply power to the black wire of the pump (from circuit breaker #2) and the other relay being off, supplies a ground to the red wire of the pump motor and the pump motor spins in the opposite direction.

I hope this helps let us know more after you try swapping circuit breakers.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
The clicking noise you hear could be the relays energizing, (trying to switch on and off)
If power windows operate I would try switching the two 30 amp circuit breakers in the rear fuse box (#1 supplies the power to make the windows go up and down as controlled by the RDM and #2 supplies the power that the relays turn on and off to operate the roof pump)

Both relays are used for pump operation and one bad relay could cause it not to go up or down --
I will try to explain as briefly as possible

Both relays supply a path to ground for the pump motor when they are de-energized (not commanded on!).

When one relay is commanded on by the RDM (might be the click you hear) the relay switches on to supply power to the pump red wire (from circuit breaker #2) and the other relay being off, STILL provides a path to ground for the pump motor using the black wire and the pump spins one direction.

Now when you switch the direction of pump operation --- the OTHER relay is commanded on (clicks) power is switched on to supply power to the black wire of the pump (from circuit breaker #2) and the other relay being off, supplies a ground to the red wire of the pump motor and the pump motor spins in the opposite direction.

I hope this helps let us know more after you try swapping circuit breakers.
I swapped the 30 amp fuses and the roof still acts the same. Push the button and I get the manually open cover on the DIC. When I open the cover the windows go down and it will unlatch from the header. Then that鈥檚 it. I don鈥檛 hear the pump but I do hear the relays clicking. It will latch also but that鈥檚 it. I was able to check the connections to the relays and try the roof button and it seems to me that the Two solenoids closest to the side with the hydraulic cables are not getting power. Thanks again for all the help everyone. 馃槑

1 - 5 of 5 Posts