Chevy SSR Forum banner

Roof unlocking

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Dicktator 
#1 ·
Ok, I have limited information here. Another owner not on the forum called me tonight with a roof issue. He says it's fully functions up and down but when it release from the windshield to go down he hears a new pop sound like maybe a latch isn't fully disengaging. Thoughts?

#2 ·
Need to get the sun visors out of the way and drop the center header. Watch the header latches work and determine if they are catching or hanging up.

With access to the center area, you will be able to use the roof tool to manually engage and disengage the latches. This is where you will get down to the root cause..... Look to see that they operate smoothly........

It just takes some careful investigation..... if it is making a new "pop", you should be able to figure it out.

My two cents,

Mike

#3 · (Edited)
It comes out pretty easily. Here is what it will look like when you do that.

On this one, I have already removed the pivot arm from the latching mechanism so that is why you see the arm sticking straight out. They have threaded connectors on the end that snap onto the ball of the latching mechanism (kinda like the cargo cover struts) that can be moved in or out to effect a change on how much they push the latch. I would mark the starting spot in the threads before you start changing things.

#7 ·
Depends on whether or not he's on Level Ground or not. Frame flex may have something to do with it, manual says to be on level ground to operate the roof. Maybe it's Normal under the circumstances.... If it's a NEW sound, what changed just prior to the new Pop sound.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.