Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
have been running the rotorpros drilled and slotted rotors for over a week now and do great and look good. the chevy mech. said they appeared to be very good.
I knew some of you had been askin about them. I am satisfied. also put 275/45R19 108Y toyo tires on front and 315/35R20 106W on back no problems no rubbs when turning all left or right. looks good. will try to post pictures tomorrow. (TOYO S/T HIGH PERFORMACE) :cool :thumbs
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,418 Posts
Thanks, Bob

Looks like both you and Ken are happy with the results - I guess it's time to order.

Ray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
About 500 miles they still look good! I chromed my calipers also, but when I bled my brakes I have never been able to get all the air out. I have a power bleeder and bled them about 5 times there is no air coming out but the pedal just isn't right. I was thinking it could have somthing to do with the A.B.S. It just feels like air in the line. I have not talked to my dealer yet, It's less hostille here. Any suggestions?
Ken
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Bleed or not to Bleed

Ken, do you have to bleed the reservoir also?? On a veheicle I had a few years ago they were like that until I bleed it also.
 

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
Joined
·
11,997 Posts
Ken Thurm said:
About 500 miles they still look good! I chromed my calipers also, but when I bled my brakes I have never been able to get all the air out. I have a power bleeder and bled them about 5 times there is no air coming out but the pedal just isn't right. I was thinking it could have somthing to do with the A.B.S. It just feels like air in the line. I have not talked to my dealer yet, It's less hostille here. Any suggestions?
Ken
My guess is its the rea calipers. Since they have the parking brake hardware on the inside they would tend to hold air bubbles. The only way I know to get the air out is to drive, bounce, and rattle the calipers and bleed some more. Don't ask how I know......

Godd luck and let us knwo the end result.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
Rotors

Hey Boba,

Are those rotors the stock12.5" or oversised 14"?
I called Baer about a month ago and they told me that they didn't have 14" slotted yet.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #7
stock size

They are the stock size. but I only have $300 invested including the install.
It does look better to me. :thumbs :seeya
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,364 Posts
Did You Change Brake Pads?

BobA said:
have been running the rotorpros drilled and slotted rotors for over a week now and do great and look good. the chevy mech. said they appeared to be very good.
I knew some of you had been askin about them. I am satisfied. also put 275/45R19 108Y toyo tires on front and 315/35R20 106W on back no problems no rubbs when turning all left or right. looks good. will try to post pictures tomorrow. (TOYO S/T HIGH PERFORMACE) :cool :thumbs
Bob, I bought those same rotor's on e-bay haven't installed them yet as SSR is still in winter storage. Did you go with a different brake pad or keep the stock one? I know there has been some discussion on not using the dustless ceramic pads as it will wear the rotor faster
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #9
the only thing I changed was the rotors. we will see how long the pads last. I do about as much town drivin as hyway. It's not my daily driver but it gets driven almost every day. 2800 mi in 2 months. the longest trip so far has been to arkansas, about 270 mi round trip. plannin on goin to dallas in a few weeks. I would like to get those 4000 to 5000 mi on so that pesky program in the brain will go away from protecting the tranny. you can watch dino run and see the very wavy line all across the power curve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
If you let the level go down to far in the master cylinder while bleeding, you might have gotten air in the ABS system. It would probably need to be bled also to cure your soft pedal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
jrevet said:
If you let the level go down to far in the master cylinder while bleeding, you might have gotten air in the ABS system. It would probably need to be bled also to cure your soft pedal.

Thanks I will try that.
Ken
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top