Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have a ride of the month, but do we have a ride of the year? The winner would be picked from the 12 ROTM winners of the year. Was just wunderin! D

·
Premium Member
7,295 Posts
Hey Dino, when we saw you in Springfield at the Route 66 Mother Road Festival in September, you was limpin' around with bad back ... hope you're feelin' better. "Ride Of The Year" good idea !!! John Robert Alexander :ssr

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
That has been suggested many times to the administrators.

I think the last ROTY was in 2011. Sandy (Turnheadz) also made that request many times, including on the website, but the admins have never followed up.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
I too like the idea,
but there must be several reasons why the admins don't want to do it.
So let's start a:
TOP 10 LIST of reasons why Administrators wouldn't want to hold a ROTY!!

#10...The same 12 people that vote for ROTM each month would cause a 12 way tie for ROTY!!!

#09...Because @Firetruck would want to compete 8 years in a row just to win one ROTY!!!

#08...Owners would want to submit "12 Photos" instead of Five!!

:laugh:...:laugh:...:laugh:

.....(KEEP IT GOING)......

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,525 Posts
#6 They can't remember to post monthly winners on time.....yearly winners is just asking to much!

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
Hey all

I like the idea, best SSR of the year "ROTY" sounds good to me.

12 SSR's fighting it out for best of the year.

Admins are you listening we want an "ROTY"

Might want to look at a point system instead of just direct vote, say outside 25%, interior/bed 25%, engine 25%, custom add ons 25%.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
#5 Admins affraid ROTY winners will want their "Lifetime Supporting Membership Dues" to be re-imbursed!!! :grin2:

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
#4 After REDLINE wins, Admin's afraid REDLINES value would increase tremendously compared to other colors.
/forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_devil.png

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ROTY AWARD. It would be cool to have a traveling trophy or plaque. The winner gets to keep it for his year of reign. Then it goes on to the next years winner. Each winner adds his signature to the trophy along with the year. Just an idea. D

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
#4 Previous winners would want 5 pictures for every month they entered. Too unfair of advantage for some, eh Jarrod ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts