Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, now I have a new dilemma about buying a new SSR....

COLORS! I was originally dead set on just black - but every time I see a photo of an 06 black over silver it makes me smile too. But i can probably get such a better deal on the 05 that it'd be stupid to buy an 06 for that one difference.

Grrr... post me some black vs. black-over-silver pics! Sorry silver-on-top guys, not my bag.

=0)
Dave

Also, how's the exterior chrome package hold up? can you get exterior chrome but interior remains satin??

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
jammadave said:
So, now I have a new dilemma about buying a new SSR....

COLORS! I was originally dead set on just black - but every time I see a photo of an 06 black over silver it makes me smile too. But i can probably get such a better deal on the 05 that it'd be stupid to buy an 06 for that one difference.

Grrr... post me some black vs. black-over-silver pics! Sorry silver-on-top guys, not my bag.

=0)
Dave

Also, how's the exterior chrome package hold up? can you get exterior chrome but interior remains satin??
No its all chrome inside and out or all satin. The chrome is a bit much on the inside IMO

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
I agree with Ricochet - the chrome's a bit much on the inside. Went with it anyways.
I've always loved the insane amount of chrome on the dashboards of those old 50s rods, and this is supposed to be a retro rod, right?

I guess I'll find out just how much sun glare comes back at me from the steering wheel and the center bar. Should be a lot easier to keep clean, though - the satin was always a pain to keep clean.

Just for you, Jamma, I found a photo of a really well done all black - can't remember whose truck it is. Also a couple shots of black on silver - which is not my bag :)

Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
You Don't Buy A SSR

You adopt a SSR :yesnod
So, don't worry about the color or chrome or year. Just get one. Then you will understand the Zen.:seeya

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,595 Posts
Chrome shifter will it stay cleaner?

Flassh said:
Should be a lot easier to keep clean, though - the satin was always a pain to keep clean.

Ray
Hmm... so chrome doesn't show any smudges or prints??? I bet ya a statin shifter shows less smudges ... :glol

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
Shows, yes, but much easier to wipe clean. I spent way too much time with windex trying to clean the satin parts. Now, I'll just have to use windex on the chrome parts.:lol

Ray

·
Registered
483 Posts
Is the interior and exterior"chrome" PLASTIC..??...:skep

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
Yup - just like the satin stuff. Don't use no stinkin metal anymore.

Ray

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Re: Chrome

When I found myself SSR-less, I opened up an email from a friend who sent me the New York Times article, illustrated with a beautiful Pacific Blue with chrome. I thought "Geeeeeee, that looks swell!" but was hesitant about the shiny inside surfaces.

So on a bright California day I drove a Redline Red 6-speed in chrome (top down). The shiny wasn't bad at all, as most surfaces are curved enough to not reflect that much light. The worst area was the reflection of the console trim around the shifter bouncing off the chrome band by the right side of the steering wheel. OK, I can avoid that.

IMO, the satin chrome disappears into the silver, so chrome would be sharp if you get the black over silver.

If you like all black there are a lot of '05 out there. I'd could almost go for a black one with dark satin (dark grey) chrome.

Oh, and my wife hated the red. Go figure...

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Man saw all of these two tones at the factory on the line today. That Silver over Black really looks great and also the Silver over Aqua Blur.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
I have the Auto. Black over Silver with chrome inside and outside. I love it. I want to get a 6-speed also. Good deals on the '05's But no two tone's or chrome. :nodno Sure like that Blue over Silver with chrome. :thumbs

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PocoToro said:
You adopt a SSR :yesnod
So, don't worry about the color or chrome or year. Just get one. Then you will understand the Zen.:seeya
Oh, this I know, I was an SSR owner before, but it went into buyback, had every issue I ever read about on this board, all at once... except the "tink" - didn't have that until the very last couple days I had it.

But I miss it so much, I'm willin to try again =0)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts