Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BLU SSR
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would remind anyone who may be interested , Sept. 27-29 is the annual parade and car show in downtown Springfield . Fanatics have been represented in the parade since the International in 2015 and we intend to continue the tradition this year.
We plan on arriving on Friday afternoon in time to line up for the parade around 4:30( you want to line up early to have time to check out the other cars-many of which won't be in the show) . We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Dirksen Pkwy. on Fri. night and will check out the car show downtown on Sat. before heading to St. Louis late Sat. afternoon for the Cards / Cubs game.
If you have not attended this event it is a great show with a wide variety of a few hundred on display in the downtown which is closed to traffic on Sat./Sun. The best part of the weekend is the parade across town that kicks things off (there is a $5 donation to a local charity to participate). After lining up/staging across from the Holliday Inn Fri. afternoon , the parade starts at 6:30 and proceeds to the downtown where show participants will park for the show (the rest of us will simply drive thru and exit the show area). The parade route typically takes 30-45 minutes to drive and is viewed by 30-60 thousand depending on the weather. Great crowd and lots of "thumbs up" interest.
Anyone planning to attend can contact me so we can meet before the parade line up and be sure to go in together. Cell # 217-257-5791
Thanks, Jim Perry

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
We were there in 2015 at the International Rally. Had a great time, but right now Karen and I are gearing up for the Branson Rally next month! See you in Branson!

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Sorry, Jim won't be there this year. CozyDog, won't be coming either. Something going on with Granddaughter's school. See you in Branson. I understand you are mixing Bushwhackers.

·
BLU SSR
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No worries guys, just wanted to let everyone know about the event and that we were going. See all in Branson !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts