Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
39,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Door is open!!! Had to run out to our faux daughters graduation party, it’s a running joke .... I’m faux Pa and Tracie is faux Ma !! They’re close friends and she’s been using our address to go to a better school. Not sure what the plans are for the weekend yet.

·
Premium Member
59,865 Posts
made blackberry jelly today......not without a costly mistake.....turned away from the stove and the mixture boiled over... big mess......took almost an hour to clean up... but finally finished.....end up with 7 half pints of jelly.....started pitting the plums.... not fun.....but will finish the cooking tomorrow...….there are still a half of tree full of plums....had a high school boy come over and get up on the ladder for me......more fun? tomorrow....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
39,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
made blackberry jelly today......not without a costly mistake.....turned away from the stove and the mixture boiled over... big mess......took almost an hour to clean up... but finally finished.....end up with 7 half pints of jelly.....started pitting the plums.... not fun.....but will finish the cooking tomorrow...….there are still a half of tree full of plums....had a high school boy come over and get up on the ladder for me......more fun? tomorrow....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Well that sounds like fun!!
The last couple weeks I’ve been doing paint correction and Nano Ceramic Coating, been turning very nice.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,875 Posts
Well that sounds like fun!!
The last couple weeks I’ve been doing paint correction and Nano Ceramic Coating, been turning very nice.
Did you also do the wheels?

I need to get that ceramic coating stuff done. But the 'R is a mess thanks to leaving it outside in fall '17. It got rained on and some leaves got stuck to the paint --- for just 1 DAY! Now there's permanent faint imprints of the edges in the paint.

The SS also needs it since it has to live outside. And thanks to the Brembos... the wheels take a beating. So far, the Sonax cleaner has been doing wonderful to keep them clean, but I want to coat them to basically make them impervious to the dust.

·
Premium Member
25,548 Posts
Good morning everyone. Great day for a hockey game. Overcast now but sun is suppose to arrive and should warm up to temp of 70F
Have a good weekend everyone.

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
39,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you also do the wheels?

I need to get that ceramic coating stuff done. But the 'R is a mess thanks to leaving it outside in fall '17. It got rained on and some leaves got stuck to the paint --- for just 1 DAY! Now there's permanent faint imprints of the edges in the paint.

The SS also needs it since it has to live outside. And thanks to the Brembos... the wheels take a beating. So far, the Sonax cleaner has been doing wonderful to keep them clean, but I want to coat them to basically make them impervious to the dust.
On the VW no ... they’re not in the greatest shape, but the Jeep were polished and sealed as well as the Mustang, wheels are a pain, so I take them off and do them on the bench ..... if this “new” business takes off I’ll get a mini lift so I can just lift the whole vehicle up ..... much easier and faster .... although I do charge by the hour!!:wink2:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
9 Participants
Auggie Doggie
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing