Chevy SSR Forum banner

Rumor, Gossip, Fact !!!

2K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  DOOPHUS 
#1 ·
Rumor has it ... there's another Slingshot Yellow SSR that just arrived in the Middle Tennessee area that is like tennesseecozydogs !!!

Gossip has it ... is an 06 with ONLY 4,500 miles and belonged to an elderly couple who only drove it on the 5th Sunday of every month !!! !!!

Fact has it ... I think I have tracked it down, but ... I'm waiting on a friend to call me back and confirm the Rumors and Gossip !!! Where did I hear this ... Bud's Tire of course !!!

Good night David, Good night Chet !!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲

#6 ·
No further news yet, as of 5:30 this morning. Friend did not call me back last night ... what kind of a friend is that !!! I WILL call him back around 9, after the morning rush at Bud's Tire !!! This is BIG news ... only 4,500 miles !!! I bet he will not be a member of the SSR Heartbeats of Tennessee ... He/She?They bought that "Baby" just to look at !!! What's happening in your "neck of the woods" tennesseecozydog 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲

#7 ·
Called my friend Dewayne, left message ... "DeeWane" is no word from you at all, the best that you can do !!! Hopefully will know something this afternoon ... back at you at 5 o'clock or when I get home from Bud's Tire !!! 10 uh C cozydog :D :D :D :D :D 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲

#11 ·
Hey @tennesseecozydog, maybe this recently sold 2006 Slingshot six-speed with just under 4,500 miles is the one? It sure looks like a gem, and it is among the “recently sold” listings on the dealer’s page.

#14 ·
#25 ·
Remember this Dealer in Ogden. He had a least 30+ R's on the lot. I believe someone stopped in to buy one. GOOD TIMES and memories. Thanks again @ROPE.

Attachments

#21 ·
I have noticed that in the old days the car dealers were car people and drove them and collected them and loved them just like most of us do. Now it seems it is just a business making money selling cars. Most dealerships around here are owned by folks from out of State and it is big business. Even our Harley dealer is that way. The old owner was not only the dealer but he had a collection of Harley's and rode with us every chance he got. On a ride he would share a beer with us and tell stories and have fun. Then he sold out to 4 lawyer types that built a multi million dollar store near the interstate and are very distant form the customers. They could be selling toasters as far as they are concerned as long as they are making money. The new Indian dealer is the same way. Owned by a rich car conglomerate out of state. Times they are a changin!

#22 ·
There was a Chevy dealer here in St Louis that was a family owned smaller dealer and the owner was a car guy Fred Broeg. He had a beautiful un-restored 57 Chevy and a 78 Corvette he kept in the service area. The 57 was not moved around much but the Corvette was always getting moved out side the service area. It was super low miles and still had all the stuff that it was delivered with like the plastic on the seats. I knew a guy who worked there and he said they changed the oil in it once a year and it was always full of gas in the oil, from not being ran just started up pulled out side and then back in. It would only go maybe 100 feet per trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.