Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor has it ... there's another Slingshot Yellow SSR that just arrived in the Middle Tennessee area that is like tennesseecozydogs !!!

Gossip has it ... is an 06 with ONLY 4,500 miles and belonged to an elderly couple who only drove it on the 5th Sunday of every month !!! !!!

Fact has it ... I think I have tracked it down, but ... I'm waiting on a friend to call me back and confirm the Rumors and Gossip !!! Where did I hear this ... Bud's Tire of course !!!

Good night David, Good night Chet !!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #6
No further news yet, as of 5:30 this morning. Friend did not call me back last night ... what kind of a friend is that !!! I WILL call him back around 9, after the morning rush at Bud's Tire !!! This is BIG news ... only 4,500 miles !!! I bet he will not be a member of the SSR Heartbeats of Tennessee ... He/She?They bought that "Baby" just to look at !!! What's happening in your "neck of the woods" tennesseecozydog 馃嚭馃嚥 馃嚭馃嚥 馃嚭馃嚥 馃嚭馃嚥 馃嚭馃嚥

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7
Called my friend Dewayne, left message ... "DeeWane" is no word from you at all, the best that you can do !!! Hopefully will know something this afternoon ... back at you at 5 o'clock or when I get home from Bud's Tire !!! 10 uh C cozydog :D :D :D :D :D 馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
Stan McNabb, Tullahoma, Tennessee, is the new owner of this 2006 Slingshot Yellow SSR with only 4,500 miles !!! :) :) :) :) :) 馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥 ps Also has a 1959 Corvette !!!

Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #14

Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
Not at all. Good for them/him.
Back when dealerships were small(?) one man shows several here in GA had impressive collections. One was Cecil Day of Day Chevrolet in Acworth. In the day the dealership did a fantastic Corvette show once a year & all kinds of Chevys would show up. Corvettes in the showroom and service area, all else in the parking lots. He also sponsored an asphalt short track team(Camaros at that time) & thus I occasionally came into contact with him. At the NDRA Nationals at Rome Speedway in Rome GA back in the '90s I got to ride into the infield in his 1964 Corvair Monza Spyder turbo. Mr. Day was in the back seat and I sat right front next to the fully liveried chauffer(tuxedo!!!). No one with the track questioned credentials!
Tuckerred1948

Registered
Back when dealerships were small(?) one man shows several here in GA had impressive collections. One was Cecil Day of Day Chevrolet in Acworth. In the day the dealership did a fantastic Corvette show once a year & all kinds of Chevys would show up. Corvettes in the showroom and service area, all else in the parking lots. He also sponsored an asphalt short track team(Camaros at that time) & thus I occasionally came into contact with him. At the NDRA Nationals at Rome Speedway in Rome GA back in the '90s I got to ride into the infield in his 1964 Corvair Monza Spyder turbo. Mr. Day was in the back seat and I sat right front next to the fully liveried chauffer(tuxedo!!!). No one with the track questioned credentials!
Tuckerred1948
Yup, similar situation here in New Mexico. Galles Chevrolet (Rick Galles) had close ties with the Unser family. They had numerous events. I remember back in the 90's they had car shows and had charity auctions where they auctioned off all kinds of memorabilia and car parts from the Unser race cars. Fond memories....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts