Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,357 Posts
I have noticed that in the old days the car dealers were car people and drove them and collected them and loved them just like most of us do. Now it seems it is just a business making money selling cars. Most dealerships around here are owned by folks from out of State and it is big business. Even our Harley dealer is that way. The old owner was not only the dealer but he had a collection of Harley's and rode with us every chance he got. On a ride he would share a beer with us and tell stories and have fun. Then he sold out to 4 lawyer types that built a multi million dollar store near the interstate and are very distant form the customers. They could be selling toasters as far as they are concerned as long as they are making money. The new Indian dealer is the same way. Owned by a rich car conglomerate out of state. Times they are a changin!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
There was a Chevy dealer here in St Louis that was a family owned smaller dealer and the owner was a car guy Fred Broeg. He had a beautiful un-restored 57 Chevy and a 78 Corvette he kept in the service area. The 57 was not moved around much but the Corvette was always getting moved out side the service area. It was super low miles and still had all the stuff that it was delivered with like the plastic on the seats. I knew a guy who worked there and he said they changed the oil in it once a year and it was always full of gas in the oil, from not being ran just started up pulled out side and then back in. It would only go maybe 100 feet per trip.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
bought our 03 Ssr from the deceased owner of a Chevy dealership up north. Bought May 2019 with 12,800 miles
Would that be Bob Mcdorman?
He had a beautiful collection and hosted a Chevy show complete with concours Corvette show every year. I also believe he purchased some of first SSRs. His Chevy store was only about 20 miles from me.

·
Premium Member
5,262 Posts
My local GM dealer has owned a SSR since '05 along with several other models
Remember this Dealer in Ogden. He had a least 30+ R's on the lot. I believe someone stopped in to buy one. GOOD TIMES and memories. Thanks again @ROPE.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I got mine from the owner of a local Chevrolet dealership. He has a large collection of cars.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Remember this Dealer in Ogden. He had a least 30+ R's on the lot. I believe someone stopped in to buy one. GOOD TIMES and memories. Thanks again @ROPE.
John Watson Chevrolet, that ended up being a very fun weekend. I went to high school with John and he has always been a car guy and still has a nice car collection. He also a 1978 Corvette that the dealership got and it’s never been licensed.

·
Slingshot Rules!
68,818 Posts
John Watson Chevrolet, that ended up being a very fun weekend. I went to high school with John and he has always been a car guy and still has a nice car collection. He also a 1978 Corvette that the dealership got and it’s never been licensed.
John Watson . . . very interesting.

Watson Chevrolet, the Chevy Dealer here in Tucson has been servicing The Doophus exclusively since way back in 2005. The owner's name is Karl Watson.

Could they be related?

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

21 - 30 of 30 Posts