Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new guy, please be patient with me. Has anyone considered runflats for the SSR? What would be the drawbacks?

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
RocDoc said:
I'm a new guy, please be patient with me. Has anyone considered runflats for the SSR? What would be the drawbacks?
Welcome aboard Doc, this subject has been discussed many times. To find a previous discussion on this or any other subject, click on the "search" button and enter "tires or run flats", or any other topic, it will take you to all threads on these subjects. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Hi, RocDoc

Big Daddy's right - several prior discussions to search for.

Bottom line, no one has run flats in the required sizes. You would have to drop to 17s and 18s, or possibly 18s and 19s to do it - that means new wheels as well, and in smaller sizes.

Check also for a thread on Dakota Digital tire pressure monitoring system. I posted photos of the system, install, and operation. It's saved me at least a tire and possibly a wheel as well so far - great system.

Welcome aboard.

Ray

·
Registered
78 Posts
Run flats

Goodyear has run flats for the Prowler as standard equipment in 17's and 20's. I do not know if they also have 19's but I'm sure you can find out. One word of caution about run flats, they are a bitch to mount and not all tire shops have the right people or equipment to mount them properly without damage to the wheels.

Wally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts