Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for newbies like me who have never used run flats I was wondering if there are any do's and don'ts.

like don't get a flat! :lol

what tire pressure is everyone running ( I know the tires say 44 max).

any info would be appreciated from those in the know.

rick:cool

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Ricardo,

I was gathering from your post that you think that we HAVE run flats on the SSR?

If this is the case, then I'm sorry to tell you we don't.

T

·
0 Posts
Correct, same problem that i had with
the Z06 that i had, comes with a tire repair kit.

Later,
John:cheers

T

·
0 Posts
As far as air pressure 30lbs is what
i`ll use, allows for heat buildup.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ooh boy.....

yep, I thought we had run flats which of course is what i was told at the dealer. and since there was no spare i figured.....

kinda like being told that 500 are being produced!

i know about the inflator kit behind the seat but still thought they were run flats.

so what's the deal? are these tires just as prone to flats as regular? Are these regular tires with simply a lower profile?

appreciate the quick respose from everyone.

Rick:cheers

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Okay

add me to the list of confused too, our dealer said they were run flats too. I am no tire expert so what do I know. I would have found differently when I went to buy some new ones or got a flat (whichever came first) So does this also mean they are less expensive to replace than I was told ?:D One can only hope!

T

·
0 Posts
In the 2 years that i owned my Z06 the only
flat i had was when i went to change my
stock rims to different ones, lucky i guess.

These tires are not that expensive.
Check out Tirerack.com there maybe
others??

Runflats do give you peace of mind, i
had them on a `98 Vette.

Later,
John

T

·
0 Posts
Always loved TX, lived in Killeen back in the`70`s
when my Dad was in the Army.

Doing a deal there sorta payed TX back
for showing me a GREAT time there as a kid.

:cheers

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
I still think that you should have ..

let me drive it down there for you! BTW Texas is still a great place for fun. It is just a long spell between places! :agree

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Tire Rack

255/45R-19 = $159 ea
295/40R-20 = $168 ea

Full Set: 654.00

Much more reasonable than I had anticipated...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I agree...went to tirerack.com in Nov. to find out what they cost and it is way cheaper than I thought. They also have dealerships all over that will put them on for you. I am going to have the tirerack approved tire place in my community do mine for me so I don't have to worry about having them delivered to my house and then having to haul them to the tire place. Their website is pretty all inclusive on these details. Great site!

R

·
0 Posts
I don't think these are run flat tires, I may be wrong but I don't think so. Like the Z06 corvette that left the spare out for weight savings these SSR's come with a kit with some goop you put in the tire and a compressor if you get a flat. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

S

·
0 Posts
Be glad there not Run Flats had them on my Vette for 8,000 miles, worst tire I ever drove on...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Our mini cooper came with run flats and they corner extremely well! The down side is they wear out super quick! With the width of our tires, I am glad they are not run flats.....no need for em on this baby.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
tire cost

TarHeel said:
In the 2 years that i owned my Z06 the only
flat i had was when i went to change my
stock rims to different ones, lucky i guess.

These tires are not that expensive.
Check out Tirerack.com there maybe
others??

Runflats do give you peace of mind, i
had them on a `98 Vette.

Later,
John
Was in Sears auto store yesterday - they have a policy of matching any price can find minus ten percent!!. Guy came in and wanted 20" tires - had an Internet price printed out - they honored it and gave him the 10% as well. Pretty good deal - he saved over $80 per tire.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts