Chevy SSR Forum banner

Running board brackets

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  oldxr 
#1 ·
May need to find a set of running board brackets. Sent a set via USPS and the box was delivered damaged and no brackets! Started the process of filing a claim but don’t want my friend to worry/wait on the USPS.

#3 ·
I’m thinking we have time as the boards need to be painted. I just don’t want to hunt a source down at the last minute if the post office can’t find these. I really can’t believe that not one of those brackets made it. How in the heck can they loose heavy steel brackets? To top it off I only took the insurance that came with the shipping! Never had that issue before. PIA

Dane

#7 ·
I'm not quiet sure what ya mean by.....(I only took the insurance that came with the shipping).

A former neighbor of mine worked for UPS, yrs ago, we got into a conversation about shipping "insurance" costs. He made it clear to me that the (SHIPPER), not the receiver is responsible for any insurance.

That's not to say.........that they don't come up with some "handling costs" charges, but you as a receiver are NOT responsible it the good you ordered fail to make it to you.

#10 ·
DING....DING......DING...River_Rat is correct? So is Blue Streak? Worried more about the boards than brackets.....so S2NAZ has come to the rescue with a fabulous deal for me. These things were packed and the box taped securely but evidently there is a big hole in the box! Perhaps a “scrapper” in the postal work force.....maybe an SSR rogue owner? Basically Moscooter....I’m responsible that’s why I’m starting the search.

OLDxR

#12 ·
S2NAZ....I’m in Iowa right now and will be heading to the farm in a few days so I’ll let you know by next week. I’m hoping we will have a resolution through the postie people. Again....thank you for the gracious offer.

OLDxR

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.