Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Perfectionist
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I want to paint my boards red. When I peel off the rubber, what am I going to find? Are they smooth? any holes? Has anyone ever painted the rubber? Would love to paint everything, but I am afraid the rubber-plastic is too flexible to hold paint very well, even with an additive. Any body got any pics? I am reworking my brackets right now, dropping and tucking. Has anybody ever switched them from left to right? they are wider at the back. D

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,920 Posts
you'll find the same contour as the 'rubber' and 3M double sticky, smooth, no holes. Chuck the rubber, it's nothing but work to keep the black look. If you want the black look, maybe rhino liner, or, paint the rhino red. You'll probably want to sand down the plastic coating on the boards before you paint. Post pics when you're done, too.....

·
Perfectionist
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! I am excited about it now. Will leave the rubber off.

·
My First Permagrin !
567 Posts
Ok, I want to paint my boards red. When I peel off the rubber, what am I going to find? Are they smooth? any holes? Has anyone ever painted the rubber? Would love to paint everything, but I am afraid the rubber-plastic is too flexible to hold paint very well, even with an additive. Any body got any pics? I am reworking my brackets right now, dropping and tucking. Has anybody ever switched them from left to right? they are wider at the back. D
Hi Oldfatguy
My boards were all scratched and flaking off so I gave it a try I'm not a body guy but took my time and I think they came out good and only $75 . Dave

Attachments

·
Perfectionist
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm reworking my brackets now, 2 inch drop, and tuck. Got one side done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts