Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:boxing I have had a real time with the parts dept. at R.K. Chevrolet in Va. Bch. Their service dept. is just fine, but when I went back twice to get the running boards ordered they quoted me a price per board at almost $700.00 EACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That by the way does not include installation. I went back after one of the salesmen told me they were a little under $600.00 a PAIR!!! before installation and this same parts guy came up with this unique price for me. It also took the parts guy about 30 minutes to look up the parts numbers and he said this was the best he could do. I declined the nice offer and went to Colonial Chevrolet where it took about ten minutes for the guy to come up with the price, just under $700.00, not including installation. He said they could be ordered but were out of stock at the moment. I put my order in. No guarantee on when they will be in. Guess I will be doing business with the Colonial Chevrolet boys from now on.

M

·
0 Posts
boards

What's up with the installation costs? If it's an option and there to be installed by the dealer, why the cost to the customer?

·
Registered
413 Posts
running boards

I also checked today about boards with my parts professional who I have done buisness for about 10 years and fully trust.we probally buy 25000 in parts a year from him and he know his stuff.he looked up the boards and did not have a listed price so he called GM for me and price was nearly 700 EACH

·
Registered
413 Posts
install price

If you order boards with the truck labor is includer in predelivery labor paid to dealer by GM If you order boards through parts you are responsable for install labor

·
Registered
181 Posts
I know I'm repeating myself but I fought the "running board" war for 3wks., starting the first part of Dec., before I finally was able to get a set through GM parts Dept. Here, in a nutshell, is the pertinent info. you need: GM Part Number #12499191 for the SET of two(2) running boards and all necessary attaching hardware. The Dealer Cost is $629.30 for the pair. My dealer charged me $745.00, the same as the option price for them. I installed them myself.
If you'll go the the Technical Section of this SSR Forum, go to the Running Boards Subject, Msg. # 24, and I go into detail about how easy it is to attach them. About 45 min. to 1 hour installation using a 10mm and 15mm wrench or ratchet and sockets. Hope this helps in your endeavors as I know how frustrating it was for me to not be able to purchase a set.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:agree I am in total agreement with you which is why I shared this info. with the parts guy but he still came up with that strange fantasy price. At least Colonial Chevrolet stated the price that you did. Thanks!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts