Chevy SSR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this ad and thought someone might be looking. They look very good and at a decent price.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
@ggoat!!! REALLY wanted to buy my running boards if I bought a Pac Blue that had them. Mine had the MPD boards...
Hope he sees this!!!!!

Love that faded Pac Blue paint job! 😎

·
Perfectionist
469 Posts
Robert, Stevie Wonder could see that those boards on that faded pac blue truck pic are silver! What ever you are taking, i want some! D

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
They are BLUE! :):) But they did look silver on the SSR. He might have used that picture, because he had already sold his SSR and that's the only picture he had? Anyways, they are blue, I think.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Does anyone know @ggoat!!! personally or have his number? He, like many are not on our site very much anymore. The last time was 27 days ago... Sure would hate for him to miss out on these boards... This is the message he had sent me when I was looking to replace my totalled truck;

"Wow! If you buy that 6 speed blue truck...and keep your pipes off your old truck, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE sell me those blue running boards. Mine disappeared while my truck was at Eric's shop for 3 years." @ggoat!!!

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
You know after three or four beers (especially Amstel lite) a ugly girl looks beautiful. So looks are deceiving the blue running boards look silver "D" buddy.
They look blue standing up in the garage... 👀
I would assume those are the ones for sale. Maybe the picture of the truck is to show how running boards look when mounted? 🤔

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,202 Posts
The last 2 pics of the faded R in the ad are of one of the Rampage conversion SSR's. As others have speculated, seller probably just used those pics to show the factory style running boards on a R.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Hi everybody, thanks for thinking of me. I don't come on the site much since they ruined it.

I found out about the boards Monday morning, and I happen to be IN Miami right now, about 5 miles away from the seller. Man was I excited. I called and called, with no answer. Left messages. He finally answered Monday night...he didn't speak English. But, from what I gathered, he sold the boards Friday on eBay. I checked eBay and sure enough they were there, sold. :( I would have offered him double to sell to me and cancel the eBay sale, but he couldn't communicate at all with an English speaker. Strange, since the ad was clear and concise.

He used several different pics, some on eBay are AquaBlur. But, the pics of the boards in a garage looked blue.

Would have LOVED to have them, and they were literally a few miles away.

Thanks for everyone for the heads up, but someone beat me to them. Probably ended up at the Hyundai dealer haha...

·
BlueStreak
26,934 Posts
Thread closed based on comments by ggoat

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.