Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to my dealer last week to order running boards...

He said they'd be $1100 and were out of stock (nationwide no less), so if I was lucky
I'd have them by August.

So - I went home and ordered them from gmpartsdirect.com - $609 and I had them in three days. With S&H, etc., the total was something like $750 and about 20 minutes to bolt them on...

He (the dealer) also couldn't find the part number for the trailer hitch - I had to look it up for him. Now I wish I had waited and ordered that from GPD too - quicker and 100 bucks cheaper. :mad

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out in case anyone was looking for accessories and apprehensive about ordering from GPD - they done good. :)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. In November I went to a local dealer I no longer use, showed him the GM Parts direct web item and price and he insisted they were closer to $2000 for a pair!!! Got mine from another dealer for pretty much the GM parts direct price and put em on myself in about 20 minutes too. AMazing how they can scam ya if ya let em.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was trying to buy an extra set of floor mats from the dealer and he told me they were $99.00 for the set and I found them on GMPDirect for 69. The car cover was almost $100 less also. A great site to buy parts.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I fell you. :angel I called eight dealers in my area and the cheapest price from a dealer was $810.00.

Do your running boards look just like the factory boards? If you have a picture please show us.

Thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
Take off's r even cheaper!!

Take off's r even cheaper!! I got mine from a guy on eBay who had them from a car with only 200 miles on it. They were 1/2 of the Parts Direct price incl frt.

Also, there is a guy that sells all SSR parts on eBay at very good prices. I bought 3 items from him, all GM original, n saved a bunch of $$$'s.
:) :thumbs

:cool

·
Registered
222 Posts
Member support

zainossr said:
I bought my running boards and car cover from other members of this board who didn't care for them. Support the board members and get good deals also.

ZainoSSR,

I agree with u but when I tried 2 get'm from a member, he wanted as much as a dealer. I jus wanted 2 remind members there r other places 2 get ur stuff.
:rolleyes:

:cool

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got mine from the dealer for 760 out the door. They shipped in two days. I picked them up yesterday. You are right took about 20 minutes to install. Sounds like your dealer is giving you the steer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts