Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions as to choice of boards? Going to dealer parts today.
Can I obtain functionality as well as looks? Chrome wheels call for chrome finish runners???
Advice much appreciated.

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Choices Choices

halifax said:
Any suggestions as to choice of boards? Going to dealer parts today.
Can I obtain functionality as well as looks? Chrome wheels call for chrome finish runners???
Advice much appreciated.
It is a preference call that only you can make for yourself. However, I like the boards both ways, painted to match the body colors and or satin chrome (brushed silver) look. If you have chrome wheels perhaps I might then suggest looking at the matching color running boards or if you are ordering them with the SSR it is known as "BODY COLOR ACCENT PACKAGE WITH RUNNING BOARDS". You might also look into getting the color keyed Aux. Gauge Pkg. too.

The only other advise I might offer to you is if you pick out the Ricochet Silver color and are odering a SSR then I might suggest you not pay extra money for the color keyed paint. I am not sure how much the painted vs the satin chrome running boards are at the dealers. I also like the satin chrome look when the SSR has the satin chrome wheels. To me they seem to coordinate well with each other.

You might want to check out GM Parts Direct.com for a price comparison.

Color keyed Running boards MSRP $899.00 GM Parts Direct price $755.16

If you were to order the complete package it would be....

I.E. Slingshot Yellow auxiliary gauge package, engine cover insert, custom cargo track covers and cargo compartment bed strips

List $1,700.00
Cost $1,400.00

Happy shopping :seeya

·
Registered
395 Posts
Mine is Redline Red with chrome wheels and I put the OEM satin chrome boards on it and it looks good. Remember all of the trim has this same finish so it doesn't look out of place with chrome wheels.
Bottom line, it's your choice either way it's an SSR and it will look SUPER !!!

GOOD LUCK :thumbs

·
Registered
152 Posts
Marc is right

Marc NY said:
It is a preference call that only you can make for yourself. However, I like the boards both ways, painted to match the body colors and or satin chrome (brushed silver) look. If you have chrome wheels perhaps I might then suggest looking at the matching color running boards or if you are ordering them with the SSR it is known as "BODY COLOR ACCENT PACKAGE WITH RUNNING BOARDS". You might also look into getting the color keyed Aux. Gauge Pkg. too.

The only other advise I might offer to you is if you pick out the Ricochet Silver color and are odering a SSR then I might suggest you not pay extra money for the color keyed paint. I am not sure how much the painted vs the satin chrome running boards are at the dealers. I also like the satin chrome look when the SSR has the satin chrome wheels. To me they seem to coordinate well with each other.

You might want to check out GM Parts Direct.com for a price comparison.

Color keyed Running boards MSRP $899.00 GM Parts Direct price $755.16

If you were to order the complete package it would be....

I.E. Slingshot Yellow auxiliary gauge package, engine cover insert, custom cargo track covers and cargo compartment bed strips

List $1,700.00
Cost $1,400.00

Happy shopping :seeya

Have to agree with Marc.....

drc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts