Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,403 Posts
My 2 CENTS and we all know what that is worth. The SSR was designed and styled after the 40's and 50's pickup and needs the boards. Color keyed to body color. Really protects the paint also from chips, mud, and grime, etc.

·
Spirited driver!
1,670 Posts
Agreed. I think the truck looks like it is missing something without them. My personal preference in order is:

1. MPD molded boards
2. Tucked & Lowered brackets with stock color-matched boards
3. Regular mounted boards

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
Satin Boards will stand out and as you are questioning with or without, if you body colour them - no question install the boards

You have 14P chrome wheels - an 05 so can't tell if satin or black boards but I assume satin and am very much opinionated on painting the boards black and installing them

No boards looks cool enough, but if you view an ad for an SSR with no boards the first assumption is "plane jane" - sad but true
You view an ad with body colour boards and you assume full load

Not saying it is all fair or correct BUT DON'T SELL YOUR BOARDS!
If you ever sell you will want black boards to accentuate the chrome wheels and finish the body style

Satin boards, well not so much - paint them black!

·
Read Only
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Satin Boards will stand out and as you are questioning with or without, if you body colour them - no question install the boards

You have 14P chrome wheels - an 05 so can't tell if satin or black boards but I assume satin and am very much opinionated on painting the boards black and installing them

No boards looks cool enough, but if you view an ad for an SSR with no boards the first assumption is "plane jane" - sad but true
You view an ad with body colour boards and you assume full load

Not saying it is all fair or correct BUT DON'T SELL YOUR BOARDS!
If you ever sell you will want black boards to accentuate the chrome wheels and finish the body style

Satin boards, well not so much - paint them black!
Mine are black ... not satin, and I will not sell them. I thought I liked it better without them, but am second guessing myself now. Thanks for your posts, it gave me some good info.

·
Read Only
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:smile2:
Here is a picture of my black one, it is lowered and has the custom molded black running boards that blend into both the front and rear fenders.
That looks really good. Thanks for the picture so I can see how mine would look.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
? Anyone have pics of Black Boards on other color trucks ???

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
They are not that hard to take on and off.

As far as I know there is not a practical way to go with functional side pipes. I have a set for mine that are not functional. I really like that look too.

Be flexible, change the look on and off. Spend an hour to take off or put them back on. Change out your hood cap and spear, that takes even less time.

I enjoy changing out the wheels from chrome to black and back.

It is not an either or.

IMO

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
"and spear, that takes even less time. "

I'm thinkin' maybe u coated the clips on the back side of that damn (spear) with vasoline or something even slicker. I found it to be a real bit** to get it loose. There is nothing to get a grip on but the slick surface..........so how u say, takes even less time.??????

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,052 Posts
I took my spear off to do Josh's led upgrade and it did come off pretty easy. But, and it's a big but, each spear can be different coming off. I tried to remove my shift console but I gave up after pulling and pulling and quit because I didn't want break it. Again it's just clips
but they can really hold.

Dave

i

i

1 - 20 of 37 Posts