Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black SSR with running boards coming in December. Does anyone have a picture or seen one with the brushed stainless running boards? If you have a picture, please post.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
boards

I don't have a picture to post but I have seen a set.
The ones for my truck came in yesterday. They are not
heavy but seem to be strong enough to support anyone.
Satin finished extruded aluminum with black steps.

·
Registered
83 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
running boards

I checked the picture I posted and it is quite small, and the link above does not take you to the correct page. To get a better picture of the running boards and the other accessories click on the link below. When it takes you to cars.com click on "In-Depth Reviews" in the NEW FOR SALE section and this will take you to a page where you can click on the Chevrolet SSR. There you will find a review and several photos to click on and enlarge.

http://www.cars.com/carsapp/national/?szc=85283&srv=adlocator&act=index&tf=/quick_usedforsale-index.tmpl&rd=30

2001 SLK320

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: running boards

SLK320SSR said:
I checked the picture I posted and it is quite small, and the link above does not take you to the correct page. To get a better picture of the running boards and the other accessories click on the link below. When it takes you to cars.com click on "In-Depth Reviews" in the NEW FOR SALE section and this will take you to a page where you can click on the Chevrolet SSR. There you will find a review and several photos to click on and enlarge.

http://www.cars.com/carsapp/national/?szc=85283&srv=adlocator&act=index&tf=/quick_usedforsale-index.tmpl&rd=30

2001 SLK320

·
Registered
148 Posts
Running boards Real Pictrue

s.g.walker said:
I have a black SSR with running boards coming in December. Does anyone have a picture or seen one with the brushed stainless running boards? If you have a picture, please post.

Thanks
Here's a side shot of a SSR with Running Boards! They look very nice!

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Running Boards

I have seen all three colors of SSR's with running boards and have the following opinion.

The black unit needs the running boards, it has no flash without them.

The red unit looks fair with them on.

The Yellow zonker is so bright that the running boards are competing for the spotlight. It would look much better if the boards were matt black.

I did not order any options except the yellow color and upgrade mats. The weight of the unit with all the options and fuel goes to just under 5100 pounds. If you register it in most states as a 1/2 ton pickup you can't legally drive it.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Personally, I think the running boards are a waste of $745.!! Makes it actually harder to get in and out of the truck with the boards on and since this is not a 4 X 4 that you need to climb in or out of, I would suggest not installing the running boards. They are held on with 6 bolts and easily removed.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:) I agree about the black needing them, but also think that the fenders and wheel wells are very exposed to rock chips and the running boards will certainly keep the rock chips from flying up and hitting the doors. That said and done, I plan to order them for my black beauty. We all know how black shows up every imperfection!

·
Registered
83 Posts
While looking at pictures of the 2003 SEMA auto show a found a picture of the 2004 SSR body colored running boards. Check it out!

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts