Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked my dealer to order me the running boards for the redline SSR I got last week. But they tell me they couldn't find anything on it, even on the GM web site. The dealer asked me if I could get him the part number. What are the part numbers for the running boards. I'd like to get them before the tires throw too many rocks up on the fenders.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Hi, Tom

GM Vehicle Configurator shows running boards as dealer installed option BVE @ $745 Sorry - I don't have an over the counter part number for them - I'll see what I can find out.

That option is for the satin aluminum look - should be available in body color in 04

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
:cool :cool

The part # for the Running Boards is 12499191.

Check on GMPARTSDIRECT.com

Check the boards when you get them. There was an inspection recall on them earlier for machining marks.

T

·
0 Posts
I have ordered running boards through the dealer from whom I bought my SSR. He quoted me at his cost - about $640.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Trying to Purchase a Set of Running Boards

Took delivery of Redline Red #1375 last Fri. It did NOT have Factory Option BVE which are the running boards. I live in rural Tn. and live on a "chipped & sealed road" which turns into a 400 ft. gravel drive-way. I can hear the rocks coming off the wide front tires and hitting the rear fender area. ROCK CHIPS already. I've tried to order the running boards(GM part # 12499191) from 3 local dealers and 2 large internet GM parts companies. All of them get the same answer----"Order Constraint". You can't buy them because the suppier/manafacturer is sending all of their production to the SSR assembly line. Does anyone know of a dealer who has a set for sale, an individual who didn't want theirs and didn't install them, or a set that was replaced under warranty(supposedly some were recalled and replaced due to machining marks), or whatever. I NEED a set, not for appearance or aesthetics, but to keep these dam* rock chips to a minimum. I'd appreciate any help anyone can provide me in acquiring a set of running boards. Thanks.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have ordered mine when I ordered but they had not arrived yet. They are backordered. I would love to have the body color ones but won't risk the fact that they may not get to us untill 2005. Otherwsie I would sell you mine.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey Redssrloaded, if you do acquire another set of running boards please keep me in mind as a purchaser of your existing set. I need them BADLY! Every time I hear another rock hit my paint my blood pressure goes up. I was going to offer an incentive to a prospective seller such as my first born child but since he's turned out to be a pot-headed slacker I don't think that's much of an inducement! Seriously folks, this living on a gravel road without running boards really sucks. So if you have a set hanging in the garage that you didn't install or don't plan to use I'd really appreciate your contacting me. I don't know how long a time period this "order constraint" will last and neither do the Chevrolet Parts people. I keep hoping that an after market co. will offer running boards in the very near future, like yesterday! If anyone can help me with matter, please advise. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Try going to pickuptruck.com
There were a ton of the SEMA pics there and they all had running boards on their customized SSR's so they should be able to point you in some type of direction to acquire what you need. Good luck!

·
Registered
705 Posts
RedTn.SSR said:
Hey Redssrloaded, if you do acquire another set of running boards please keep me in mind as a purchaser ....

I'll sell you mine for $50,000 :jester

I will sell you mine for cost plus shipping if I can find the body color ones. Until then, you may want to try some of these "clear bra" stuff by 3m or other companies to protect your paint. Have a professional put it on, once you find your boards you can get them off.

·
Registered
181 Posts
BMBLBEE, The 400 ft. gravel drive-way could be paved but I'm not sure if the State of Tn. will let me pave the 1 mile of gravel road that leads to my drive-way! Rural life can be a real bitch.

·
Registered
566 Posts
RedTnSSR: A Temporay fix???

While your waiting for the running boards for your SSR

How about some MUD FLAPS??? SSR being a truck,

my husband told me to suggest them to you as a

temporary measure and/or with your running boards.

Just a suggestion.

Ladyinred,:angel

Lizz

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
FLAPS

:) :)

Mud flaps are a great idea if you don't want to loose the fender flare effect. I installed a set on the front of mine. They are black and tend to dissappear under the deep fender. Check out the pictures I posted to see what you think.

If you do install them, I recommend you install at 1/2 inch above the bottom stop on the front springs. This gives you the most coverage and protects from bottoming out.

F

·
0 Posts
SSR290 Mudflaps GREAT IDEA!

Excellent suggestion. I have them on my Prowler and they work great! Are they available through Chevrolet designed for the SSR or are yours aftermarket? If so, where did you purchase yours. Thanks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Duh, I never even thought about mud flaps and it's a great alternative to the running boards that I can't obtain anyway. Did you have to drill holes in the fenderwheel liners or could you use existing holes? What size screw and how many were used to attach the flaps? What are the dimensions of the flap itself? Hate to ask so many questions but I'm going to try to find mud flaps and get them installed immediately. Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts