Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Red SSR and want running boards. Called my dealer and he stated that the cost will be $1500.00 installed. I keep seeing them from $579 to $629. Please help. Where can I buy the running boards and Iwill install my self. My first post, I'll see how it goes.

Giddings Texas
PT and H2

·
Registered
413 Posts
boards

I just bought a set for my red ssr .you can put them on your self in 30 minutes all you need is a 15mm and 10mm socket and ratchet GM dealer cost is 629 and most good dealers will sell to you at 10 to 15% over.GMparts direct has them for 629 but RAPE you with 144.00 shipping I paid 679.00 at my local dealer with no shipping costs

·
Registered
181 Posts
Bumper, The true cost to the GM dealer for the set of running boards(part #12499191) is $629.30. Most parts depts. want some profit above and beyond their cost. Some dealers are selling them in the $700 to $800 range which is a whole lot better than the $1,500 price you were quoted. Installing them is an easy 1 hr., or less, process. Go to the technical discussion site on this forum, go to page 2, Jan. 17, 2004, and you'll find more detailed info. on installing the boards. If you can't find a parts dept. that will work with you on the price then GMPartsDirect internet site has them for $755.16 delivered with all the necessary mounting hardware included. They are very reputable and I've had good luck with the purchases I've made from them. Hope this helps you in your endeavor to purchase a set of running borda!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I paid $750.00 for mine and put them on myself in the parts departments parking lot in only 20 minutes. Bring a socket with the sizes these guys suggested. I went to RK Chevrolet and their parts guy quoted me some ridiculous price close to $2000.00. C-Ya I said. Went to colonial chevrolet with my printout from GM parts direct and they sold them to me at the price I listed above. Easy to put on as stated by others on this site. Anyone can put them on. Requires zero mechanical ability in myopinion. Holes are predrilled too. Just make sure you line up the correct brackets in the correct order. That too is pretty easy to do. The dealer will want at least 150-250 bucks to put em on for ya. Not worth it. You would also have to make an appointment to get them put on and that can take a while at most of our dealerships in VB.:grouphug

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: boards

dohyatt said:
I just bought a set for my red ssr .you can put them on your self in 30 minutes all you need is a 15mm and 10mm socket and ratchet GM dealer cost is 629 and most good dealers will sell to you at 10 to 15% over.GMparts direct has them for 629 but RAPE you with 144.00 shipping I paid 679.00 at my local dealer with no shipping costs

·
Registered
168 Posts
So Is It Worth It?

I also had asked my local dealer to quote a price...$752. I like the looks, but I have a bum knee right now (Surgery) and think no running boards is best. When I heal up though, I might add them to my redline. Any other advantages besides looks? Do they prevent rock chips or make entering the truck easier?

·
Registered
413 Posts
boards

they sheild the rear fenders and help prevent chips I dont use them to get in or out

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Colonial Chevrolet sold me my running boards. You just need to contact their parts dept. Don't let them put them on, you can do it yourself.

R

·
0 Posts
Howdy Folks,

My SSR came with the running boards, which are now resting peacefully in the garage. I recognize the fact that the running boards could salvage potential rock damage, BUT I really do not intend to travel down any gravel roads in the near future. I think the SSR looks much cleaner without the running boards, plus they are a pain in the rear when exiting the vehicle. #1278 Redline Red getting off the soapbox.

·
Registered
413 Posts
boards

they are a composite material fiberglass or a plastic

1 - 14 of 14 Posts