Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for yellow running boards for my SSR. What has been your experience with aftermarket running boards. There are some available with vinyl coating - is this the same process that GM used? Input on fit, finish and durability would be appreicated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
I have the factory satin boards on mine, and ordered an unfinished aftermarket set so I could paint them yellow.

Haven't had a chance to check them for fit yet, but definitely not the same quality as the factory boards. However, for 125 bucks a pair, I really didn't expect more.

Ray

·
Registered
66 Posts
Aftermarket boards

Flassh said:
I have the factory satin boards on mine, and ordered an unfinished aftermarket set so I could paint them yellow.

Haven't had a chance to check them for fit yet, but definitely not the same quality as the factory boards. However, for 125 bucks a pair, I really didn't expect more.

Ray

I purchased a pair of the red Carlisle aftermarket boards on E-bay. I have to agree, the factory boards are the better quality of the two, but you do pay more than double for them. If you take into account only mounted appearance, they look as good as the factory board. It is only when you take a close look that you start to question just how durable the boards are and just how long will the paint film application hold up over time. I didn't use the sellers mounting hardware for the boards because he never sent the right parts. I purchased some 1/4-20 stainless steel jack nuts and installed those in the boards. Everything line up to the mounting brackets, so I had no issues there. I used stainless steel bolts and washers for the entire install.

I'll probably regret ever buying the aftermarket boards but for now they are looking good.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Factory Boards

My Factory boards have the rubber coming loose. The 3M tape is not bonding to the rubber . I would really inspect the boards you are buying and make sure.

The dealer is replacing them, but you all know what to expect from the dealers.

:smash

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
running boards

dealer just replaced mine and they look fine so far.the rubber on the newer ones is much better than the original on my '04

1 - 8 of 8 Posts