Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gauge said 260 but did not seen hot? Then when I turned it off gauge stayed at 260 and then issues with tach at same time. Not sure if over heating or just bad stepper motors.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you still have Chevrolet speedometer & gauges? The not resetting to zero after start up sweep? Need to get a new cluster. I had mine repaired by just replacing stepper motors. Nope. The whole cluster started acting up in a couple days. Nothing like sitting in Garage & all gauges are pegged. Don't waste your time with the Stepper Motors. GM Speedometer Repair Information | US Speedo. Is the link to page. I would also check all your grounds at Battery & ABS pump. If you are close to Flint Mi. Call & make a appointment. I drove up to Flint from Toledo Ohio. 2 hours & 20 minutes wait. My problems were gone.

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
WTF, you had trouble after replacing the stepper motors? What was the problem? The stepper motors should make the gages do as they are told. Are you saying something in your gage cluster was misinforming the gages what to read and had to be replaced/repaired? I'm confused.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
If you still have Chevrolet speedometer & gauges? The not resetting to zero after start up sweep? Need to get a new cluster. I had mine repaired by just replacing stepper motors. Nope. The whole cluster started acting up in a couple days. Nothing like sitting in Garage & all gauges are pegged. Don't waste your time with the Stepper Motors. GM Speedometer Repair Information | US Speedo. Is the link to page. I would also check all your grounds at Battery & ABS pump. If you are close to Flint Mi. Call & make a appointment. I drove up to Flint from Toledo Ohio. 2 hours & 20 minutes wait. My problems were gone.
This is an interesting post. From everything I've heard or read, replacing the stepper motors is the usual fix for this problem. It makes me wonder if any other SSR owners have had to replace the whole cluster to fix incorrect gauge readings???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts