Chevy SSR Forum banner

Russell SSR Brake Line Kit

5K views 44 replies 15 participants last post by  hdflstf 
#1 ·
Russell (an Edelbrock company www.edelbrock.com) has prototyped the brake lines for the SSR. These are the flex lines that attach to the calipers. I'll be posting some pictures of the installed as soon as I get some - like tonight I hope.
From their website they say
"PRE-ASSEMBLED, DIRECT BOLT-ON BRAKE LINE KITS

Direct bolt-on Brake Line Kits bring the ultimate in braking performance. They improve your braking performance for competition or every-day driving. Replacing the OE rubber hoses with Russell brake lines reduces brake pedal travel for more consistent braking. Featuring stainless steel braided hose with zinc-plated fittings, these brake lines are factory assembled for convenient installation. They meet the strict guidelines of the U.S. Dept. of Transportation MVSS-106 requirements. All Russell brake line kits are for stock applications unless noted otherwise."

They are not in production as the marketing dept needs to decide if they think they are worth producing. If you guys (and girls) want them, we need to start bugging them.

Contact info:
The best way for you or anyone else interested in the SSR brake hose kit to get info is to contact our Tech Support Dept. at:

(310) 781-2222

800-416-8628

techsupport@russellperformance.com

See less See more
#3 ·
I tried!

Well, I can't send them an e-mail because their anti spam software keeps rejecting my e-mail. That's no way to sell brake lines.

#4 ·
Oh well!

This is the Spam Firewall at spamfirewall.edelbrock.com.

I'm sorry to inform you that the message below could not be delivered.
When delivery was attempted, the following error was returned.

<techsupport@russellperformance.com>: host 192.187.224.5[192.187.224.5] said:
550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for techsupport@russellperformance.com (in reply
to RCPT TO command)

#6 ·
matjow said:

to RCPT TO command)
Ditto

#8 ·
Edelbrock's IT department says they have the firewall problem fixed. If anyone tries e-mail again , let us know if it goes through.

Thanks

BTW - I thought I should mention I am in no way financially connected with Edelbrock or any of thier products. I just doing this to help get products out there for us SSR owners.

#9 ·
matjow said:

to RCPT TO command)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent;
Russell (an Edelbrock company www.edelbrock.com) has prototyped the brake lines for the SSR. These are the flex lines that attach to the calipers. I'll be posting some pictures of the installed as soon as I get some - like tonight I hope.
From their website they say
"PRE-ASSEMBLED, DIRECT BOLT-ON BRAKE LINE KITS

Direct bolt-on Brake Line Kits bring the ultimate in braking performance. They improve your braking performance for competition or every-day driving. Replacing the OE rubber hoses with Russell brake lines reduces brake pedal travel for more consistent braking. Featuring stainless steel braided hose with zinc-plated fittings, these brake lines are factory assembled for convenient installation. They meet the strict guidelines of the U.S. Dept. of Transportation MVSS-106 requirements. All Russell brake line kits are for stock applications unless noted otherwise."

They are not in production as the marketing dept needs to decide if they think they are worth producing.
Well this is a no Brainer. If it will save lives, what is there to think about? Perhpas you have not heard of the website; www.ssrfanatic.com but out of all the SSR's sold more then 10% of the drivers frequent this website. Let's look at the big picture here. You are in business to make money, right? Let's do the math.. 28,000 + SSR's in existence, and 2900 - 3200 owners on this board alone. You could do worse. Of course looking like you are making them to improve braking conditions and save lives probally wouldn't be bad to have on any companies resume.

Recieved;
Dear Enthusiast:

Thank you for contacting Edelbrock. Your email is currently being
processed, and will be answered by one of the most comprehensive
Technical Departments in the Automotive Industry. Your email will be answered in
the order it was received. If you need immediate attention, you may call
our tech line @ 800-416-8628, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm PST, Monday through Friday.
For Motorcycle Carburetor inquiries, please call 877-888-7504, 8:00am
to 5:00pm PST, Monday through Friday.

Any attachments received without prior authorization will be
automatically deleted.

Thank you for your interest in Edelbrock Products. We look forward to
assisting you.

#10 ·
latest reply from them is ;

Thanks for inquiring about the SSR & HHR brake lines, we have already requested upper management to make them.
I have been on your web site to find out why our tech dept is getting so many request for them.
Having everyone sending us Emails is not the way to do it.
Hand write a letter to Head of R&D and send it via regular mail.

For all replies please include the ORIGINAL Email.

Thanks - Gregg Suyenaga, Edelbrock Tech Dept.

#11 ·
Focks said:
latest reply from them is ;

Thanks for inquiring about the SSR & HHR brake lines, we have already requested upper management to make them.
I have been on your web site to find out why our tech dept is getting so many request for them.
Having everyone sending us Emails is not the way to do it.
Hand write a letter to Head of R&D and send it via regular mail.

For all replies please include the ORIGINAL Email.

Thanks - Gregg Suyenaga, Edelbrock Tech Dept.
Ok. I'll pass this along to my contact to see if has any changes to the way to contact on this product.

#12 ·
I got the same message back

Do we really need to hand write letters to Edelbrock management in this day and age? I would expect that the Edelbrock Tech Department would have the ability to forward our messages. I'm a little disappointed that I have to get out pen and paper and write a letter.

I am asking their tech dept to provide name and address of the "Head of R&D" so that I can digress to snail mail.

Mike

#13 ·
Probably not a good idea to use these lines. They (or others like them) still have rubber hose on the inside. The problem is, that you cannot tell if the rubber is getting old and hard, and getting ready to crack. Or, if you cracked one when changing pads. I admit they look better than the plain hose, but it seems like there are better places spend money to 'beautify your babe' than these.

This is an old Corvette issue. I did it once, too.

My two cents.

StrokerMcGurk

52 days since build of my 06. Still not delivered (or located). Looks like I'll have to rename the Blue Streak, 'cause it sure as h*** hasn't been doing any streaking lately - as far as I know. :banghead

#14 · (Edited)
StrokerMcGurk said:
Probably not a good idea to use these lines. They (or others like them) still have rubber hose on the inside. The problem is, that you cannot tell if the rubber is getting old and hard, and getting ready to crack. Or, if you cracked one when changing pads. I admit they look better than the plain hose, but it seems like there are better places spend money to 'beautify your babe' than these.

This is an old Corvette issue. I did it once, too.

My two cents.

StrokerMcGurk

52 days since build of my 06. Still not delivered (or located). Looks like I'll have to rename the Blue Streak, 'cause it sure as h*** hasn't been doing any streaking lately - as far as I know. :banghead
Must be an old issue. These and any others I have ever built or dealt with are Teflon lined not rubber. I've never had a failure of leak street, autocross etc.

#19 ·
Bad News

:nodno

I just got the word from Edelbrock. They have decided not to produce the brake lines for the SSR. I haven't totally given up yet as there are a couple of angles I need to explore. I will try to get a one time buy from them or a risk sharing agreement - or something else. For the time being we scr..... I'll update if I come up with a workable plan or some good news.
Thanks to all you fanatics for trying.
:banghead :banghead

#20 ·
Has anyone tried Lingenfelter? They offer an Brembo 14" upgrade kit that includes teflon lined stainless brake lines. Maybe thet can separate the brake lines from the kit and price them separately?

#24 ·
Thanks wildcat69. I appreciate the confidence.

The liability of building brake parts is totally unacceptable. In today's litigious climate, it would devastate a small company, let alone an individual. I would not have a hard time building my own and trusting them, but would never sell them to anyone. Even with DOT approval, the manufacturer will still be named in the law suit if something happened.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.