Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
05 BluR
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We hope to see you for a summer get-together as follows!

Event...Show and Shine and Dinner at Thornhill Cruisers Cruise Night
Location...Canadian Tire Parking Lot, 2900 Major Mackenzie Dr E, Markham, ON L6C 0G6 (just E of 404)
Date...Monday, August 20
Time ...5:00 p.m. - dusk

It'll be a great chance to stroll the Show and Shine, meet new friends or catch up with existing SSR friends and have a pay as you go dinner.
Thornhill Cruisers will give us an SSR parking area based on how many we know are coming. Please let us know with a reply if you're coming.

There are lots of restaurants around the parking lot so finding a place to eat will be easy, but if you'd like to eat as a group, please indicate here and we'll make a reservation at Swiss Chalet.

Hope you can fit this in to your summer!

Barry Pattison...SSRs
Bill Quantock 05 BluR

·
Registered
05 BluR
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
On the List...

Betty and Barry Pattison - Swiss Chalet- Red
Kathleen and Bill Quantock - Swiss Chalet -Blur
Dave Wicksted - Swiss Chalet -Silver and Blue
Marie and Gord - Black
Marg and Krazy Ed - Black
Corvettetom -Black
Jim Thorpe
Gary and Dianne Horniblow
Ted Nemoy
Janet and Joe Dobrowski
Paul and Mrs Tobin
Jim and Betty Minor - Red
Bill and Helen Tedford
Frank Cohn
Ken and Jennie Sheridan
Jim Greeley
Shawn and Karen Pattison
and Jeff
Carol and John -Swiss Chalet - Yellow
Colin and Merik Barron
Harvey LeBlanc and friend

·
Premium Member
40,864 Posts
You done good Bill, (@ Wingnutz) so far 2 out of 3. 1st we don't have our 2 youngest grand daughters that week, 2nd you picked right day of the week Wifey is free from golf & 3rd is weather permitting?
So Wifey & I are in, will plan to be there. Looking forward to it.

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Registered
05 BluR
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ed!
Welcome to Marg and you! No guarantees on the weather, but fingers crossed! We'll see you both on the 20th!

·
189 the LAST blur
256 Posts
This sounds interesting and I'm going to try to be there. Might look for a passenger to join me. Would be nice to convoy with anyone else from the Niagara- Hamilton area leaving just after lunch to be there for an early parking spot.

·
Registered
05 BluR
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This sounds interesting and I'm going to try to be there. Might look for a passenger to join me. Would be nice to convoy with anyone else from the Niagara- Hamilton area leaving just after lunch to be there for an early parking spot.
Welcome...Tom? Looking forward to meeting you! If Ed and Gord both bring their black SSRs, we'll have a parking lot of smokin' asphalt!(groan!) Thornhill Cruisers have promised us our own SSR parking area, but I'm not sure how early they'll set that area up...hope you will be able to park with the other SSRs. Assume from your forum name you have a Vette too?
Bill

·
Premium Member
40,864 Posts
Welcome...Tom? Looking forward to meeting you! If Ed and Gord both bring their black SSRs, we'll have a parking lot of smokin' asphalt!(groan!) Thornhill Cruisers have promised us our own SSR parking area, but I'm not sure how early they'll set that area up...hope you will be able to park with the other SSRs. Assume from your forum name you have a Vette too?
Bill
I will bring the purple one, looking forward to meeting you Tom.

Krazy Ed

·
189 the LAST blur
256 Posts
Erik & Bill,
Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to it. Down to 2 Corvettes now and always wanted to do a Thornehill Cruiser night and bring a solid axle Corvette. Used read Nate Salter's column for years and admired how well run this cruise is. I'm sure he is missed even though he was a Chryco Fanatic. This will give me a chance to do another highway run only this time with my new nose cover on. Should have used it for the trip to Bayfield Vettefest a few weeks ago. 3hrs one way. 375+ Corvettes and 2 R's Other one was an 04 Slingshot truck. I'm sure there were some others at home. Nice outing and several thumbs up from the "what is that" crowd. I'm starting to use it Bruce!

·
Registered
05 BluR
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Erik & Bill,
Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to it. Down to 2 Corvettes now and always wanted to do a Thornehill Cruiser night and bring a solid axle Corvette. Used read Nate Salter's column for years and admired how well run this cruise is. I'm sure he is missed even though he was a Chryco Fanatic. This will give me a chance to do another highway run only this time with my new nose cover on. Should have used it for the trip to Bayfield Vettefest a few weeks ago. 3hrs one way. 375+ Corvettes and 2 R's Other one was an 04 Slingshot truck. I'm sure there were some others at home. Nice outing and several thumbs up from the "what is that" crowd. I'm starting to use it Bruce!
Tom,
Confused by your Garage photo, identified as a 50th Anniversary 2003 Chevrolet with a picture of a Vette that looks like about a '60...???

·
Registered
05 BluR
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The More, the...

Updated the attendees list with names from Barry Pattison. Looks like 17 or 18 trucks (see post #2) with three weeks to go.

·
Premium Member
40,864 Posts
Betty and Barry Pattison - Swiss Chalet
Kathleen and Bill Quantock - Swiss Chalet
Dave Wicksted - Swiss Chalet
Marie and Gord
Marg and Krazy Ed
Corvettetom
Jim Thorpe
Gary and Dianne Horniblow
Ted Nemoy
Janet and Joe Dobrowski
Paul and Mrs Tobin
Jim and Betty Minor
Bill and Helen Tedford
Frank Cohn
Ken and Jennie Sheridan
Jim Greeley
Shawn and Karen Pattison
and Jeff
Wow, that's quite a turnout and just for a car show. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Krazy Ed

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
:frown2:Would love to join you, but we will just getting home from a couple of weeks at the cottage, so to much to catch up on at home and at work. Maybe next time. Have fun.

Janet & Gary

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,182 Posts
Going to miss this event which I enjoyed so much the last time I attended. 2014

You really do it up well.

Dicktator

1. Checking in
2. Getting instructions for cruise
3. Rest Break
4. Lunch, Ontario
5. Dwight and Jody

Attachments

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,811 Posts
Going to miss this event which I enjoyed so much the last time I attended. 2014

You really do it up well.

Dicktator

1. Checking in
2. Getting instructions for cruise
3. Rest Break
4. Lunch, Ontario
5. Dwight and Jody
Thanks for the reminder Dick. That really was a fun adventure. Unfortunately I will also miss this one. Gotta get back to Canada soon!

·
Registered
05 BluR
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe next time...we'll miss ya!

:frown2:Would love to join you, but we will just getting home from a couple of weeks at the cottage, so to much to catch up on at home and at work. Maybe next time. Have fun.

Janet & Gary
If the weather smiles on us and everybody listed shows up, it should be a great time, but we'll miss the two of you and Dicktator, although I'm not surprised he's declined the trip for dinner and a car show. If it goes well, maybe we can do it again.
Bill

1 - 20 of 39 Posts