Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my new WindsuppreSSR last night and went out in 39 degree Ozark weather. First of all, I had to turn the heater down since the cabin seems to be virtually wind proof with the door glass up. The inside cabin noise with the top up is cut in half and after dropping my two little pillows between it and the rear glass over those top mechanism holes, I have no more excessive road noise. "See GM, there is at least one method available".

Just wondered what the ballistic rating is on that 1/2 inch Polycarbanate that it is made of? I am told by a glass shop owner locally that it is resistive up to low grain 38 caliber, What a bonus if this true. I hope the cost didn't just go up with this bonus feature. LOL LOL :D :D I was thinking of getting a thicker one if my wife keeps shooting at that speeding Black SSR that kepts going by our house while I am gone." Too fast for her to see the driver I guess" Hee Hee Heeee

I am very pleased and thank you RAY for your outstanding design of the WindsuppeSSR. And believe me guys, it takes only about 15 minutes to install it and I weigh 280 and 6'2"with room to be comfortable with the 3/4- 1 inch loss of the seat back position. "No problem here"

Jerry
fiftiesnut

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Just wondered what the ballistic rating is on that 1/2 inch Polycarbanate that it is made of? I am told by a glass shop owner locally that it is resistive up to low grain 38 caliber, What a bonus if this true. I hope the cost didn't just go up with this bonus feature. LOL LOL :D :D I was thinking of getting a thicker one if my wife keeps shooting at that speeding Black SSR that kepts going by our house while I am gone." Too fast for her to see the driver I guess" Hee Hee Heeee
Jerry
fiftiesnut[/QUOTE]

Jerry, Thanks for the very nice feedback on the Windsuppressr don't forget to post some pictures! As for marketing the Windsuppressr for its bullett proof resistance Hmmm never thought of that probably because Im in Detroit and nobody packs smaller than 357mag. I would need to make it at least an inch thick!
HAPPY HOLIDAY'S SSR FANATICS! :cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts