Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:frown2:

Last Fall, when I had sold my streetrod after 40 years of ownership, I knew that I could now maybe get another fun ride. I've always been interested in the SSR concept, and I recalled an old co-worker that had one.

I sent him a note saying I remembered he had one and asked about how he liked it. His reply was he still had it and loved it and he did attend some of the rallys too. Also he told me about the Fanatic site as a great source for finding out about problems and events, etc. Told him I was already aware of the site, and was considering getting one for myself.

Fast forward to an email he sent me last week (and I don't think he would be upset that I'm sharing some of the details.)...........

Here is a part of it.

"Hi,
Well I just withdrew from the Daytona trip. It was not without a lot of consideration and pain, but it’s done.

My beloved SSR has failed me at last. 14 plus years and it has beaten me and a lot of techs to the ground. 4 computer modules later and a still intermittent electrical problem have proven to be more than this old man can take.

Almost 4 moths in and out of shops trying to get it resolved have finally beaten me. I am no match for an unreliable automobile.

Been working thru local GM.Cadillac dealer on resolution with her[ from the fanatics. Lots of ideas but no fixes"

:| As a result, he traded in the SSR on another ride. As to the specifics of the problems he had with it, I have no additional info.........

Tried to get him to consider getting another one, but that didn't go well either.:crying:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,466 Posts
That is a shame. I am sorry to hear that we (as a family) were unable to solve the issues but sometimes things happen that just cannot be explained, or the cost is too great and so we lose a member of the family, and sometimes they come back though they had not expected to. They are welcomed and the process begins again. We can hope that is the case here but it is certainly not need for others to be discouraged. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
Too bad he "dumped" it. I'll bet those "good ole boys" down in Florida could have fixed it IF they could have gotten their hands on it. Here's hat's off to the Orange Blossom Gang as ole George (Jones) sang "Who's gonna' fill their shoe's, who's gonna' stand up tall. Who's gonna' fix those sick SSR's when they stall" :smile2: tennesseecozydog :ssr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts