Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's winter and I was bored so I took my running boards off yesterday. WOW! Now it really looks like a custom rod. I'm leaving them off. For those of you that have em, try it . It's a ten minute job.

S

·
0 Posts
Running boards

Are you worried about rock chips and debris from the tires?

·
Registered
2005 SSR
436 Posts
I like the fact that the running boards cover up the frame rails.
They also tie the fenders together, visually.

I think they are keepers for me.

Skip

·
Registered
46 Posts
boards or no boards

JOHN317 said:
It's winter and I was bored so I took my running boards off yesterday. WOW! Now it really looks like a custom rod. I'm leaving them off. For those of you that have em, try it . It's a ten minute job.
I,m going to take mine off when I get my new ones from mpd1, they are what should have been on this truck in the beginning.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I agree, my Cherry Bomb ('05 redline a/t) has no boards..a much cleaner look I think..You really see the curves.:agree

·
Registered
57 Posts
I painted the rails black and you can't really see them. I think it looks sweet without the boards, plus after i installed my 1.25 spacers in the rear on thursday it looks bad to the core. :jester

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
SA13355 said:
I like the fact that the running boards cover up the frame rails.
They also tie the fenders together, visually.

I think they are keepers for me.

Skip
it looked like black beauty's underwear was hanging out:eek
kinda like the jr. high kids:flag
p.s. thats manuer custom striping!

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mine did not have running boards when I purchased. After a week of driving I noticed alot of stuff collecting on the front of the rear fenders. I knew then I wanted them. I posted a request here and Ed hooked me up with his old running boards from purple penelope(his SSR is featured in March SSR calendar and the now mine running boards) as he installed MPD style. I prefer the function and look of my SSR with the running boards installed. The curves are still there!

·
Registered
483 Posts
I can almost see big chrome headers and beautiful side-pipes on mine but..naw I'm just too lazy for messin' with that..Boards or NO boards that is the Q:banghead ..My vote is SANS baby..:jester (just curious??did the concept show truck have RUNNING BOARDS..???:lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
The concept did not have the running boards.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sans

View attachment 8592
04Z16 said:
The concept did not have the running boards.
When I bought my truck........it had boards and hitch......neither did I want....so I had dealer take them off and give me credit for them.......was never sorry......the boards still don't do much for protecting the sides and rear fender...as seen elsewhere in this thread....The mud guards do more...... I would like to make a set of side skirts.......(ground effects) to cover the frame rail only......I think this would finish off the SSR in fine style....without the boards.... and give it more the custom rod look.........But I have so much on my plate right now.....no time......but want is the mother of invention.........:seeya

1 - 14 of 14 Posts