• I have not and don't want to be.

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought it would be interesting to know how many of the board members had recieved a phone call from GM questioning the degree of satisfaction with the SSRs. I got my call tonight. They asked some specific questions that really left no room for a tailored response, but they also gave time to vent any concerns that I may have had apart from the survey. Interesting to note that many of the concerns expressed by owners here were covered in the questionaire. I remember leaks, tranny problems, rattles, brakes, and sound system were among the items covered. Also I was asked if I would mind an engineer calling to discuss issues with me. Heck, I would love to talk to one. First thing I would ask him is did he know the URL of the SSR Fanatic forum.:lol

I am thinking that I might sell mine in just a few months in order to get an 05 with the 6.0 engine - wonder if it is ONLY going to be available with the 6 speed standard? I am betting so. IF they had asked me I could have told them to put the 6.0 in there in the first place if they have an auto tranny that will stay put. I think the Allison might be a little too big and heavy!:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Engine Upgrade

Truth be known GM put the 5.3 liter and automatic in the first year for a reason. They add upgrades later to keep things fresh. You see, if your SSR already came with the 6.0 liter and manual tranny the first year, you would have no reason to buy another one! So it's all a part of a big plan. If you trade in your old SSR, the dealer gets to make more money on your trade in and on the new SSR you purchase to get the upgrades.

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
Sure would like Freezer or Morty to confirm the 6 litre/6 speed is coming. An update on whether GM still plans a 5 year run would also be good.

Haven't heard from Morty for a long time - his information regarding early production issues was gratefully received. Maybe he became Freezer - long winters in Detroit.:D

R

·
0 Posts
I will be at the plant on Monday the 5th of April and will try to get some answers on the 6.o litre and production, however I would guess a 3 year run to be true Just like like the short life of the Prowler, (I own 2) and the new T Bird (I own 1). Face it, this is a lot of money for a two wheel drive "pickup". I would like to see an All Wheel Drivetrain put on the SSR to make it a year round vehicle warranting its hefty pricetag. With SSR's already being discounted, there just aren't enough people in this wonderful (Thanks Pres. Bush) economy to take the plunge.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lat's wait and see....

if Bush leaves ANYTHING in the White House if he gets beat to pass judgement on him. Can't stand another Democrat cleaning out the place and then forcing us to buy him a spot in NY. Hard on the economy. Kerry's record is as checkered as Wild Willie's. If he just didn't look so much like Gomer Pyle ..... When asked if Kerry would be as pathetic as Clinton the reply was "Close, but no cigar." Actually I guess we shouldn't use this forum to advance our political views. I will not again.:leaving

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Realprowlerfan: I don't buy your comment regarding Pres. Bush. He is being blamed for most everything, jobs moving to Mexico, etc. Now I suppose it's his fault for the high cost of the SSR, etc. Come election time, I'm sticking with the Bushman!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Enuf with the politics

Enjoy ur SSR n Lov ur Family cause that's ALL we got.

:cool

R

·
0 Posts
17 of 25 Yeah for You!! "ANYONE BUT BUSH" A local plant producing sunvisors (perhaps even for the SSR) just announced they are moving to Mexico and almost 900 more people out of work here in Michigan! Where are these new jobs this clown says exist? Perhaps the SSR's will soon be built by $2.00 an hour assembly workers. Think we would see the list price cut?

I would welcome a survey call about the SSR but you know these are normally companies just doing surveys for the manufacturers, NOT employees of GM.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
survey

I had one of these 'survey' calls 1 month after I bought the SSR. And then because of the issues I brought up during the survey call, I received a call from a GM employee to see if my issues had been addressed/solved. This GM employee then asked if it was ok if an engineer called me later. I said yes, but haven't heard from any one else in the past 2 months.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Spelling

17 of 25:

Sorry - but I can't stop myself this time: It is spelled AMERICA - The United States of AMERICA...

Your abbreviated words are killin' me - but worse yet, misspelling the name of our country shows little or no respect!

·
Registered
413 Posts
vote for who you wish but I miss the clinton times I made more money then than any time in my life.Now times and buisness SUX

·
Registered
98 Posts
DON'T RUIN THIS BOARD!!!

If it gets filled with this political talk, I for one will leave.

There are plenty of other boards to express your political views, whatever they may be.

I really enjoy logging on each night or weekend because there is great info about the SSR.

PLEASE... leave the politics (and religion, etc. if it somes to that) for somewhere else.

Thanks.

Enjoy the ride.

Mike

·
Registered
218 Posts
So I am out of town and the GM survey guy calls and talks to my wife. He asks her if am around and she tells him I'm out of town. So then, he asks if she has ever driven the SSR. I've permitted by precsious wife to drive the SSR just once. The GM guy allows her to complete MY survey. I'm not happy. It's MY toy and I should get to give my thoughts to GM. She told him to call back but he probably won't. :banghead :cuss :mad :cry

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Got my call today from GM. Told them two biggest things I'm dissappointed about are the seat controls and the sound system. He thank me for my imput and that was it. Kinda dissappointed with their survey. Seem more interested in my dealing with my dealer than the roadster. :confused

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We may be talking two different surveys here!

I have received survey calls before on other Chevrolet units. This SSR survey that I got a couple days ago was totally different from the others. This was not concerned with my dealing with my dealer. It was definitely as to the quality and satisfaction with the SSR! I am wondering how many in the poll are confusing the types of surveys. I am thinking that the key here is whether or not the pollster asked about a GM engineer perhaps giving the customer a call. I really wonder about the integrity of my poll now. My plus or minus may be more than 3 pts!:jester

·
Registered
468 Posts
There's also the possibility the cross section of SSR owners they are polling are getting different polls, however the polls have enough "similar" questions they can derive a statistically valid result. Not asking the exact same questions helps foil a concerted effort by your sample group to skew the statistical result, a real possibility when your sample group is small and prone to share their results on an Internet forum... :D

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well said, Thom

jwthomp said:
There's also the possibility the cross section of SSR owners they are polling are getting different polls, however the polls have enough "similar" questions they can derive a statistically valid result. Not asking the exact same questions helps foil a concerted effort by your sample group to skew the statistical result, a real possibility when your sample group is small and prone to share their results on an Internet forum... :D
Hey, that is US exactly! We're little skewers!:cheers

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
You got that right!!!

Movin' On said:
DON'T RUIN THIS BOARD!!!

If it gets filled with this political talk, I for one will leave.

There are plenty of other boards to express your political views, whatever they may be.

I really enjoy logging on each night or weekend because there is great info about the SSR.

PLEASE... leave the politics (and religion, etc. if it somes to that) for somewhere else.

Thanks.

Enjoy the ride.

Mike
I agree - let's just keep it to the trucks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts