Chevy SSR Forum banner

Savannah Pictures..........

8K views 57 replies 17 participants last post by  big-daddy 
#1 ·
This just in.........................

Took these about 3 hours ago right on the bank of the Savannah River.

Will add names to the picture when I can verify all of the people.

28 people showed up and we're having a BALL! EVERYONE is going to Paula Deem's new resturant Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House, so please start gathering some bail money! (We may need it!)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thnaks for the shots

Dingbat,
Great shots with the river boat! It was great to meet everyone, I apologize on behalf of all Georgia owners that we weren't better represented :mad
Thanks to all of our FLA Brothers & Sisters, and Wildcat66, who came and made it a great time, and learned how to eat fried dill pickles :jester
River Street will never be the same :party

#5 ·
Right On Big Daddy! GA Fanatics, you allowed a GREAT GA event to pass you by :mad ! At least our southern neighbors filled in! Great showing guys! :)

In addition, Thank You Big Daddy for getting those great rates, picking an excellent location, and a great weekend overall!

Buffy, I sure hope your's wasn't as bad as mine. I didn't feel like as much of an idiot when you told me! Just me = idiot :banghead , happens to two = problem :cuss !

Enjoyed it all! Look forward to the next, and as I am sure for Big Daddy and Buffy, THESE Georgians WILL represent!

P.S. Best comment of the weekend: "OOOH you got a pretty car, OOOH you got a pretty car too, OOOH...repeat 12 more times..."

#9 · (Edited)
Got home about 2 hours ago, and trying to catch up on all the post I missed. Could not agree more with what Digital said. :thumbs Big-daddy put on a hell of a weekend for both the Fla. and Ga. groups. Many thanks to all you did. :thumbs Will load some pictures as soon as I can sort through all of them.

It was great the see and meet more of our brothers and sisters. Of course, it was great to see the family that we meet at the other gatherings. Suprisingly enough, the fried dill pickles were quit tasty.

Buffy, I still can not believe we were actually neighors in our youth. You figure this is 1 in a billion? What until mom hears that extra scoop. Also, when ever you and Pat want to go for an evening ride to Striklands for custard, just let us know. We will be the first on the list. We had an awesome weekend, everything was perfect. Now back to reality. :seeya til next time. :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr

#17 · (Edited)
Just a quick summary of the fun this weekend...........

First of all, a couple of "thanks!"

Thanks to Big Daddy for setting this up! (Great hotel and plenty of COVERED parking!)

Thanks to Wildcat66 for all of the really nice name tags. It really helped!

Friday:
A few of us got there on Friday (didn't see anyone else except Big Daddy!)so we were pretty much on our own. Pat & I met an old friend who retired to Savannah and we ended up at a place called The Sapphire Grill (near City Market) where we had the absolute BEST crab cakes that I ever tasted. (A Must-do again next trip!) and then went to a place called Jazz'd where jazz (duh!) is played nightly. One of the band members looked like the comedian Andy Dick, but sung like a cross between Michael Bolton and Louis Armstrong! Couldn't believe that BIG sound was coming out of that little body! (Note to self: Don't drink so much next time!)

Saturday Morning:
We were on our own and Big Daddy and myself went out to scout neat places to go. Pat and I ended up at Tybee Island (a city, on the ocean, that looks like it was frozen in the 1950's). Layed on the beach for two hours (just about medium rare!) and then headed back to town. (Note to self: Use more sunscreen next time!) On the way back we found the new Paula Deem resturant called Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster Bar and thought it might be a great place to have everyone come back to later. (Unknown to me, Big Daddy and his wife ALSO found this resturant and had lunch there! BUT, it was so good, they went back for dinner!)

Saturday Afternoon:
Everyone met up in the lobby of the hotel and we may a few decisions as to what we wanted to do:
1) Cruise River Street (see photo's above)
2) Drive to Tybee Island
3) Back to the hotel for freshing up and then to Uncle Bubba's for dinner. (Reservations for 28 please! - And they handled it!)

On the drive back from Tybee, someone mention that they were thirsty, so our parade leader (Big Daddy) decided to pull into a little convenience store/gas station to allow them to get some drinks. You've never seen ANYTHING like 14 SSR's trying to get into a parking lot designed for about 8! We literally shut down his gas business for about 15 minutes! (Note to self: Choose a BIGGER gas station next time!)

Saturday Night:
Uncle Bubba's was a complete sucess! We were lucky enough to have the BEST waitress in the city to wait on us, Michelle! However, she forgot her resturant name tag, so I gave her mine. From that moment on, we just yelled for Buffy and she came running! And she was MUCH cuter than me too! (Note to self: Get cuter before next time! - yeah, right!)

After dinner, it was dark out, so down went 14 tops and we drove back to Savannah to cruise River Street at night. Now, remember, it's Saturday night and the place was HOPPING! What should have taken 5 minutes of cruising turned into about 20 minutes, but believe me, the crowd really knew we were there!

More pics to follow once I can resize them to fit the forum limits.

All in all, a GOOD TIME was had by ALL!

#19 · (Edited)
Thank you!

Big Daddy -
Thanks for a great ride! You did a wonderful job and we had a great time! You and Jo Anne are the perfect example of southern hospitality! You are welcome down any time! :seeya
Can't wait till Wildcat66 gets home to thank her for all that she did as well.
She went out of her way to hook us all up with everything!
Thank you all!

#22 ·
More pix

Can't say enuf for big-daddys logistic skills in organizing this weekend. For many of us who haven't been in a cruise, it unfolded like we've known each other for years. And to Machell for sharing her SSR goodies with the rest of us.

Darrell and Carol (PCBeach) who bought their SSR within the month sure got up to speed with these zanies in quick fashion.
I only have one thing to say....I'll make sure I bring a compass with me next time :lol :lol :lol

P/P

Peace :flag

Attachments

#23 ·
Purple Penelope said:
I only have one thing to say....I'll make sure I bring a compass with me next time :lol :lol :lol

P/P

Now Ed, did you notice that not one of us told how you were the ONLY SSR owner to get lost this weekend.

But, don't worry, your secret is safe with us! We won't tell ANYONE!
:glol

#24 ·
Buffy said:
Now Ed, did you notice that not one of us told how you were the ONLY SSR owner to get lost this weekend.

But, don't worry, your secret is safe with us! We won't tell ANYONE!
:glol
I feel like I have known you for years and we are good buddy's. We have not had any phone contact with you in the last 28 hours. Are you ok? We can not wait until our next rendezvou.

#26 ·
Purple Penelope said:
Buffy, I may as well fess up before Machell gets back home and has more fun with this than the rest of us can imagine. I did get to Mount Airy, NC tonight w/o the compass. Doesn't that count???

P/P

But weren't you heading SOUTH? :lol :lol :lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.