Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Spirited driver!
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
See post #6 for the best info and part numbers for the 5.3L engine.

For whoever is interested, Amazon currently has the K&N 57-3055 available at $461.99 but it has a $25.00 rebate AND if you have a Amazon Prime credit card you get a 20% bonus back to you and free shipping. You may be eligible for an instant $40 Amazon gift for signing up for their store card as well. I'm not promoting the deal, just informing others that may be interested. I personally did not take this deal as many have said there is little difference between this and stock but if you are going to get it anyway, this is the best deal I have seen.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,898 Posts
I put it on mine and sound and acceleration made a huge difference. Did the port and polish on the Throttle Body also. Put True dual exhaust on also. Remember an engine is a huge pump. More air in and more air out makes a big difference especially with the Super Tune done. My 2 cents and we all know what that is worth. .

Reactions: PokerGuy

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Thanks for the info Lance.
Was happy for a moment, now I'm sad...says it won't fit on a 2004!
:crying:

·
Spirited driver!
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry my friend. I edited original post to reflect 6.0L only.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,898 Posts
Thanks for the info Lance.
Was happy for a moment, now I'm sad...says it won't fit on a 2004!
:crying:
They have the kits for the 2003, 2004 model also. Just different part number. Maybe the discount would apply to that one also. Contact them. Just an idea.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Sorry my friend. I edited original post to reflect 6.0L only.
They have the kits for the 2003, 2004 model also. Just different part number. Maybe the discount would apply to that one also. Contact them. Just an idea.
Actually, there is no need to call, the $25 rebate form covers all of the intake systems, but YOU MUST PURCHASE BEFORE Nov 30. The 2003-2004 kit is priced almost $30 cheaper, $439, and you have the same Amazon option savings as mentioned above. The part number for the 5.3 motors is 57-3046 and available at this link -

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/57-3046-FIPK-Performance-Intake-System/dp/B000NKB2YU[/ame]

OR, if you do not want to use all the Amazon financing, cards, etc..... you can order the intake system at Autozone online, enter the discount code 20SAVEBIG20 and get the 20% off ($350), a $20 gift card, free shipping, which brings your total to $330 less taxes.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,898 Posts
Actually, there is no need to call, the $25 rebate form covers all of the intake systems, but YOU MUST PURCHASE BEFORE Nov 30. The 2003-2004 kit is priced almost $30 cheaper, $439, and you have the same Amazon option savings as mentioned above. The part number for the 5.3 motors is 57-3046 and available at this link -

https://www.amazon.com/57-3046-FIPK-Performance-Intake-System/dp/B000NKB2YU

OR, if you do not want to use all the Amazon financing, cards, etc..... you can order the intake system at Autozone online, enter the discount code 20SAVEBIG20 and get the 20% off ($350), a $20 gift card, free shipping, which brings your total to $330 less taxes.

We don't pay no stinkin taxes here.

·
Spirited driver!
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

https://www.amazon.com/57-3046-FIPK-Performance-Intake-System/dp/B000NKB2YU

Good info Mike. That should make @CruDawg very happy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts