Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Savvy shopping

Through Dec. 24, the Ren Cen Shops in Detroit's General Motors Renaissance Center are hosting a Wrap It All Up! For the Holidays event. Shoppers who spend $75 or more at participating RenCen Shops will receive gift certificates to one of three signature restaurants: Coach Insignia, Andiamo Riverfront or Seldom Blues. Shoppers with a single receipt of $75 or more will get a $10 gift certificate; single receipts for $150 receive a $20 gift certificate, and single receipts for $200 or more will receive a $30 gift certificate.

The certificates are available at the Gift Wrap Station in the Fashion Plaza across from Brooks Brothers, where free gift wrapping is also available for RenCen Shop purchases. And Santa will be available from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily through Dec. 24 to greet kids in his red Chevy SSR in GM World. All who visit Santa will receive a free photo.
RenCen Shops participating in the Wrap It All Up! event include Jos A. Bank, Pure Detroit, Borders Express, Brooks Brothers, Bon Bons, Scentsations, Ashley's Flowers and Pangborn Design Collection. Stores are open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, with select stores open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.

Valet parking is available at all major entrances to the RenCen, including the GM Wintergarden, Jefferson Plaza, Seldom Blues and the Detroit Marriott Center Hotel.

Compiled by Kara G. Morrison. Please send shopping news to [email protected] or call (313) 222-2021.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Ren Cen

And Santa will be available from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily through Dec. 24 to greet kids in his red Chevy SSR in GM World. All who visit Santa will receive a free photo.

Thanks for the info......I think I'll take the grandbaby there to have his picture taken with Santa and his Chevy SSR. :thumbs

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Ren Cen Visit Tomorrow

:ssr Gandbaby is all tucked in and awaiting visit with Santa and his Red SSR at the Ren Cen tomorrow. Gandma and Grandpa have taken Li'll Man for the night . We are anticipating a wonderful day with him tomorrow :thumbs :ssr

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Ren Cen Visit

Took the grandbaby to the Ren Cen to visit Santa today........well lets just say.......he didn't care very much for Santa :lol :lol Santa bent over backwards to try and get a decent picture with Stevo. We did manage to get the free photo, he wouldn’t sit long enough for grandma to get another one. He just wasn't buying it. Santa went as far as trying to sneak up behind Stevo when he was sitting in front of the large ornaments. As you can see in the picture. Stephen was watching out for him and wasn't going to have any of that sneaking up business.

The Ren Cen was beautifully decorated for the holiday's and fully restored GM automobiles. We didn't have to wait in any lines and we recommend everyone that can should go to see this if you get a chance. It is spectacular. The SSR display is unreal :thumbs The SSR cargo lid was removed and stuffed with dolls,toys and presents.

More to come-GM Restored Vehicles......

Attachments

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
GM Restored Vehicles

Much to my husbands and my surprise two of the older vehicles his business had stripped for restoration. The 55 Buick and the 1908 Oakland for GM. It was wonderful to see these fully restored after seeing them in our shop not looking this way. They were immaculate. So hubby ended up having a great day after all.

Grandson loved the Old GM Firetruck :thumbs

I liked the 59 Caddy :thumbs

Attachments

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Campus Martius Park

To round out the day, we visited the Campus Martius Park and watched the ice skaters for a little while. Took a few more pics and headed home as Li'll man was getting a little tired after his full day with Gandma and Grandpa.........

We have decided to make this a Christmas Tradition with our grandson every year...looking forward to retuning next :thumbs

Attachments

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Thanks for the pics. That is sooooo cool to see Santa and his 'special' sleigh. That grandson looks pretty cute too. I've got 3 grandaughters that would love to meet him!! Have a great Christmas :seeya

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
GM Christmas Display

Marc
While you were visiting Detroit last week did you happen to notice if the Ren Cen Christmas Display was there?

Bob Walczyk said he thought maybe they would do it again but that the New Silverado would be the star of the show for this year

Just wondering?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts