Chevy SSR Forum banner

saw one in person

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Dream_Cruise 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
First of all what an awesome web site full of info. I have been watch this this site for some time now. I have been interested in the ssr ever sine it was a concept. I have actually put a deposit on an ssr in January of 2002, I have also waited a long time like all of us. This past weekend a local town had a fall festival and at the local dealership was a yellow ssr. I cant talk highly enough of how awesome this truck is. The gm rep was there showing the ssr off. The dealer I have bought this truck from is friends with the gm rep and told him I would be there to check it out. Well to my suprise :) we went out for a ride:) this truck is awesome. Nice riding quick but not fast, a cruiser not a racer. The top movement is great about a minute to go up and down. Well my dealer told me I should see mine in December loaded red one until then I keep my fingers crossed.

G
#4 ·
Hey Mike,

This past weekend, I was at the Norhtwood University International Auto Show in Midland MI, and I saw this red one. I was able to sit in it, start it up, and operate the top. Mine will be red as well, and I have beengiven a November 30 delivery date.....so far.

Dave

Attachments

G
#7 ·
The top is slick.. You could definitely put it up or down at a stop light. Smooth, a real attention getter. I didn't take it out of park, but I am sure there is an interlock. It was down to start, and I was concerned about the top catching the visors, but they did not have to be moved out of the way. Just push the button and watch it go.

No doubt the snow will be a major issue. I will have to time the drive home to correspond with dry salt free roads.

#8 ·
I talked to a couple of the 80 GM employees that were selected to be part of the SSR concept fleet program. One of the guys I talked to also owns a nightclub and he ranted and raved over the Bose stereo system. He said the bass made he pants vibrate against his legs...(This will be interesting to see as I never thought Bose put out thunderous bass.) Also, he commented that the SSR was closer to 7.0 secs in the 0-60mph catergory; he said it was quick but we know this is just cruiser like speed. We both laughed when he told me he received a thumbs from an eldery man driving by..

The other guy I had caught at a stoplight in front of the GM tech center in a black SSR. The black was really cool...and different. You don't see many of these. (I have only seen about three so far.) This may be the color to get...haha. It seems each color accents different areas of the roadster. Each one almost makes it appear slightly different in proportions, kind of hard to explain...He said the roadster was extremely fun to drive and that everyone notices you. Well, we all knew that...

Also wanted to mention...not that anyone would think of driving through an automatic car wash with their roadster, but it probably would not be a good idea as the rear wheels are fatter than some of the car wash drive tracks. This may be obvious to some, but I just wanted to point it out in case it is not so evident to others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.