Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

SSR Pit Crew
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We saw ONE SSR on our 6824 mile trip except for Deadwood of course.

It was in Memphis going to South Dakota, Kathy said "There is an SSR!".

It was coming down a ramp at about 70miles per hour, merge into traffic and it was Pete and Linda aka SSR Father in his YELLOW SSR!

They smiled, waved and gone! HI-HO YELLOW!!

I saw Pete in Deadwood, he said his throttle was stuck between 85 and 95mph and he would fix it when he got home.

Dicktator

Attachments

Premium Member
How did you like driving through Memphis? We went through Memphis a couple weeks ago. What a nightmare. Trucks backed up for miles on 44 and all trying to go through the city to get the other bridge. Someone really screwed that one up. Went 7300+ miles and never saw an SSR.

Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
Hey @Dicktator was this in part while you were the co pilot and may have been reading that map on the inside of your eye lids? 馃榿
I always keep an eye out when on trips and most time I see at least one. I sometimes forget when I am in my HHR and here I am waving to the person in the SSR. They probably think, who is the crazy man in the HHR, bet he wishes he had an SSR.

Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
Spotting of SSR's are rare. Last Saturday @pete za and I headed east on the Yellowhead Highway to a attend a little poker derby. Within 40 miles we saw 2 C8 Corvettes. How many SSR's did we see?? 0=ZERO. These are truly rare beasts that we own! :) :) :)

SSR Pit Crew
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How did you like driving through Memphis? We went through Memphis a couple weeks ago. What a nightmare. Trucks backed up for miles on 44 and all trying to go through the city to get the other bridge. Someone really screwed that one up. Went 7300+ miles and never saw an SSR.
Memphis was a mess!! It took 1 1/2 hours to go 3 miles. 5 Million Trucks we rerouted because of the bridge being closed on route 40.

We did NOT come home thru Memphis.

Dicktator

Attachments

SSR Pit Crew
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey @Dicktator was this in part while you were the co pilot and may have been reading that map on the inside of your eye lids? 馃榿
I always keep an eye out when on trips and most time I see at least one. I sometimes forget when I am in my HHR and here I am waving to the person in the SSR. They probably think, who is the crazy man in the HHR, bet he wishes he had an SSR.
My co pilot read the map and did a LOT of driving.

Picture of speed was when she was driving on Route 80.

You can see there was a lot of traffic.

Dicktator

Attachments

Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
I liked your comment, you let her drive the first 6000 miles then took over. I got a good laugh out of that one.

Premium Member
'04 Primer Silver
So what's that dark spot at your 1 o'clock in the highway pic. A dark mini-cloud?, a drone?, a bug splat on your window? a UFO?

Registered
We saw ONE SSR on our 6824 mile trip except for Deadwood of course.

It was in Memphis going to South Dakota, Kathy said "There is an SSR!".

It was coming down a ramp at about 70miles per hour, merge into traffic and it was Pete and Linda aka SSR Father in his YELLOW SSR!

They smiled, waved and gone! HI-HO YELLOW!!

I saw Pete in Deadwood, he said his throttle was stuck between 85 and 95mph and he would fix it when he got home.

Dicktator
Pete is known for having a lead foot

Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
Finding another SSR outside of a Rally is indeed a rare thing. My 2,900 mile round trip to Deadwood saw none coming and going and now currently 4,200 miles and zero sightings so far (arranged meeting for dinner with Legallyblonde0626 doesn't count) with another 3 weeks to get back home.

That is one of the things I love about the SSR they are few and far between! 馃挋馃榿

Reactions: SSReplay

Super Moderator
Totally off topic but I am prone to do that as my mind tends to wander. I just saw "Tennessee"
We have a truck rental company up here called U-Haul and as I drove by it my mind went a little overboard and I was thinking the owners must be from somewhere in the south eastern states.

SSR Pit Crew
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So what's that dark spot at your 1 o'clock in the highway pic. A dark mini-cloud?, a drone?, a bug splat on your window? a UFO?
It is a BUG splat! Got lots of those!

Glad we were going West, look at East Traffic.

Dicktator

Attachments

Premium Member
We did almost all non freeway driving. Great empty roads. Only place we saw a lot of cars was near the parks. we avoided them. There were sections of highway where we maybe saw one car every 10 miles or more.

We had to hit a car wash almost every morning to clean off the bugs. We like road tripping .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts