Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm driving along and go to shift to third and as I engage the clutch I feel and hear a loud SNAP and clinking noise

I pull over immediately and look down and by my foot is a small metal rod about the size of a small allen wrench and it has clearly broken and snapped off wherever it was attached

so here I am waiting for roadside - at least this gives me a chance to test posting from my new treo 700w :)

I snapped a few photos of the piece with the treo that ill post when I get home later

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
That looks like the spring that helps to assist with depressing the pedal. There are a lot of members that have removed the spring to get more pedal feel. Does the clutch still work? There was a thread started about this before. Try the search for clutch spring. It is nice without it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good to know -- i imagine that i need to get under there and remove the rest of the part that broke off!

the car seemed driveable but I was concerned about driving it given that I had no clue what the heck had happened. I may hitch a ride up to the dealership tomorrow and bring my baby home...

thanks everyone,
Wes

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
pesos said:
so I'm driving along and go to shift to third and as I engage the clutch I feel and hear a loud SNAP and clinking noise

I pull over immediately and look down and by my foot is a small metal rod about the size of a small allen wrench and it has clearly broken and snapped off wherever it was attached

so here I am waiting for roadside - at least this gives me a chance to test posting from my new treo 700w :)

I snapped a few photos of the piece with the treo that ill post when I get home later
Sounds to me like you have a lead foot. :glol :glol :glol

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
2005SSR6Speed said:
I just found my spring and that is what it is. You dont need it and if you do want it I will ship you mine. You pay shipping and save the dealership charge.
???????????? What Dealership Charge would he need to save? Can we say WARRANTY?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys. of course the dealership doesn't have the part, so it will be in tomorrow. and of course, when asked about just taking it out it became an "important part of the clutch mechanism, you need to have it in there or serious damage could occur" :bs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts