Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first scheduled service performed yesterday. What a great experience.
Found out that the Factory front tire balance was bad, and had to be redone. All tires had been overinflated during the "PDI" (Post Delivery Inspection) obviously by the detail or lot boys. I will be checking that every couple of weeks now.
Had the oil changed out and Went to Mobil 1 Synthetic oil. Also found loose electrical tape along the wiring harness, in the engine compartment.
The right rear fender cover (Plastic) is coming loose due to the double sided tape from the factory. That will be repaired next time in for service. Otherwise, I think I may have purchased a car that was made in the middle of the week. (Anybody know how to figure that out?) The maint. book was not placed back in the car, and the Service writer called me the same time I found that it was missing. He offered to drive it to me at home after his work shift. NOW THAT'S GOOD SERVICE

For those of us in the Phx AZ area, I must suggest Bill Heard Chev. for service.
Ask for Jeff. He'll treat you like a king.
:flag

·
Registered
416 Posts
According to your SSR's VIN, it was assembled very late in the '05 model year. Surprised you had scheduled service already. What's your mileage?

·
Registered
185 Posts
C1Trob said:
Found out that the Factory front tire balance was bad, and had to be redone. All tires had been overinflated during the "PDI" (Post Delivery Inspection) obviously by the detail or lot boys. I will be checking that every couple of weeks now.
Had the oil changed out and Went to Mobil 1 Synthetic oil. Also found loose electrical tape along the wiring harness, in the engine compartment.
The right rear fender cover (Plastic) is coming loose due to the double sided tape from the factory. That will be repaired next time in for service. Otherwise, I think I may have purchased a car that was made in the middle of the week. (Anybody know how to figure that out?) The maint. book was not placed back in the car, and the Service writer called me the same time I found that it was missing. He offered to drive it to me at home after his work shift. NOW THAT'S GOOD SERVICE

For those of us in the Phx AZ area, I must suggest Bill Heard Chev. for service.

You are right, I just talked to Jeff at Bill Heard and personally handles the service on the SSR. I am impressed.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JAustin,
Mileage is at 2905 today. It was scheduled for this first service at 3K miles.

Buddy,
That is great. He really took care of me. Where you going to be today, maybe we can hook up. I'll be headed to an appt. this morning but free later today.

·
Registered
185 Posts
C1Trob said:
JAustin,
Mileage is at 2905 today. It was scheduled for this first service at 3K miles.

Buddy,
That is great. He really took care of me. Where you going to be today, maybe we can hook up. I'll be headed to an appt. this morning but free later today.

I will be there at 10 am Monday. I would be glad to buy you a cup of coffee if you were around. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
C1Trob said:
All tires had been overinflated during the "PDI" (Post Delivery Inspection)
This over inflation thing has gotten out of hand! Every time I get my truck back from a shop it seems to have had the tires inflated to 40psi.

I suspect this bit of "common" wisdom, is fallout from the Ford/Firestone SUV rollover dilemma.

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Good Thing

C1Trob said:

Good thing you went with Mobil 1, because if your service writter was on the ball he would have known that your SSR came from the factory with Mobil 1 in it!!! 2005 and up come with Mobile 1 from factory... :banghead :banghead :banghead

P.S. Why are dealerships so DUM when it comes to knowing our trucks....

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Synthetic

Crazy,
Wow, I am guessing that most dealer service writers, are not educated on all the items they need to be. Thanks for the heads up. I was never told that from the sale standpoint, and should have been. I am going to let the dealership know this, especially my service contact. Although, if he was attentive to the vehicles that he writes for service, he should research this type of info on his own, same way I do in my business. I will also give him this website so I can feel more comfortable upon my own service issues, in the future. :yesnod

Thank you very much,

Rob

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
One Rule Of Thumb

C1Trob said:
Crazy,
Wow, I am guessing that most dealer service writers, are not educated on all the items they need to be. Thanks for the heads up. I was never told that from the sale standpoint, and should have been. I am going to let the dealership know this, especially my service contact. Although, if he was attentive to the vehicles that he writes for service, he should research this type of info on his own, same way I do in my business. I will also give him this website so I can feel more comfortable upon my own service issues, in the future. :yesnod

Thank you very much,

Rob
Hey Rob

One rule of thumb when you take your SSR in for service never, never, never assume you service writer knows anything about our trucks. :skep You have to go over everything with them and the tech that will be working on it like a two year old. :yesnod Now I know a few tech's that will read this and get upset but you are the 1/10 % that know what your doing its the other 99.9 % that we all seem to run into.. :banghead

Happy :ssr ing
:seeya
Tony

B

·
0 Posts
beer100 said:
This over inflation thing has gotten out of hand! Every time I get my truck back from a shop it seems to have had the tires inflated to 40psi.

I suspect this bit of "common" wisdom, is fallout from the Ford/Firestone SUV rollover dilemma.
Same thing. I think they just look at the tire, see what max inflation is and air it to there. Unless I tell them. My 3/4 ton will have the 80 psi if I dont say some thing. All gm vehicles have the door sticker stating proper inflation don't they?
You would think thats where they would look. I know they have been putting that info there for several years now. An :ssr with 50 psi in the tires you can tell fairly quick something ain't right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts