Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how many of the SSR`s they have scrapped? I would like to know that my number 649 is the 649th one built or did they scrap 300 or more of these. We might have one of the first hundred built and shipped and not know it. What are they doing with the first vin#`s used.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Probably not, scraped vehicles did not get a vin number, so numbers should be correct.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In July when I tured the assembly plant, I was in vin#309. Truck had 2300 miles and these were still the "mules". Previous vins were to be crushed as weren't saleable cars. Bodies have been brought to crusher with security personal to supervise to make sure that they don't end up in a garage with a different drivetrain. The test driver hated to discuss the crushing, but says yes, this one will be crushed and that was #309 in July. Going to drive by plant today and hope to see trucks on Leaseway Car Haulers!

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's strange..... Mine is VIN 286 and according to my sources at the 'Launch Center' it will be on the carrier by Friday this week. The only 'certainty' is that the there's still a lot of 'un-certainty'!

I was told that with the exception of a handfull of real 'duds', most of the early ones became EEV's or 'engineering evaluation vehicles' that were assigned to various fleet and engineering pools within the company, and were NOT going to work their way into the retail matketplace. Those are the ones everyone is seeing running around the country with MFG license tags.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts