Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I modified the member search so that you can search the location field. If you go into the member list and click on search members, then on advanced you will be able to search the location field.

I intend to add something more effective in the future, but this should get a start on being able to find local members for get togethers.

:cheers

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
Hey, Troy

Even us techno wienies can get tuned in to the new features - great job. Looking forward to the new search capabilities. I'm in with a subscription.

Ray :thumbs

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zainossr said:
Troy what exactly do you insert in the advanced field? I tried Texas and got no results. Is is region or what exactly?
It's only a text based search. That is the big weakness and why I want to do something more advanced. On my Corvette site I have a feature that lets you look within a certain distance of a zipcode. I'll eventually get something like that setup here also.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Text based?

Troy Roberts said:
It's only a text based search. That is the big weakness and why I want to do something more advanced. On my Corvette site I have a feature that lets you look within a certain distance of a zipcode. I'll eventually get something like that setup here also.
Does that mean the exact CITY, or Exact local, ie., East Texas, Los Angeles (hey, I picked these last two because they are worlds apart!) :jester

·
Registered
407 Posts
zaino,

when i went into the search and then advanced search the locations are listed in a column on the right but only if the members filled it out. it is simply listed along with the names and not as a saparate search.

basically you look to the right of the column.......

rick

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, if you click on Members List at the top of the screen and then click on Member Search (not Search), then Advanced you can search by location.

The member Search is just above the far right column when looking at the members list.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
I figured it out but I found a problem. I searched for California and my name didn't show up. I went to my profile and I had typed in CA instead of California so I changed it and went back and searched and it came up. So everyone that didn't type in the full name of their state may have to go to their profile and change it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lloger said:
I figured it out but I found a problem. I searched for California and my name didn't show up. I went to my profile and I had typed in CA instead of California so I changed it and went back and searched and it came up. So everyone that didn't type in the full name of their state may have to go to their profile and change it.
It's kind of limited right now. I'll figure out something more powerful for us soon.

M

·
0 Posts
Troy,
I really appreciate this site and all that you do for it. My question to you is...what do you do for a living? I am sure you don't take care of this site all day long.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My background is in software. My last corporate role was Director of Product Management for Compuware. I left there during the boom in December of 1999. Now I mostly run my Corvette site, www.corvetteforum.com. I started this site and my XLR sites for fun because I like SSRs and XLRs. :cheers

I set one up for the Pontiac Solstice that's coming out next year also. It's going to be a great little roadster for a good price.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
I modified the member search so that you can search the location field. If you go into the member list and click on search members, then on advanced you will be able to search the location field.

I intend to add something more effective in the future, but this should get a start on being able to find local members for get togethers.

:cheers
I really started something here with my request for this BUT I really am glad I did. Keep up the GREAT work I can see you are really working on the solution. :flag

·
Registered
180 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
My background is in software. My last corporate role was Director of Product Management for Compuware. I left there during the boom in December of 1999. Now I mostly run my Corvette site, www.corvetteforum.com. I started this site and my XLR sites for fun because I like SSRs and XLRs. :cheers

I set one up for the Pontiac Solstice that's coming out next year also. It's going to be a great little roadster for a good price.
Troy:
I wish now I had known about your Corvette site, I just sold my 1998 Vette with 33,000 Miles to buy this SSR! I have owned a C2, C3, C4, and a C5 and was out to place an order for a C6 when my wife spoted this SSR. It was all over after discussing the options for two weeks, and found out my GM Master Card would give me a discount of $3,000 from the MSRP! It's all over for now! Keep up the good work, AND your site WORKS! That is more then I can say for some other SSR sites! :flag

1 - 19 of 19 Posts