Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
189 the LAST blur
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This truck sold today for $16,000 w/o commission
  • Window sheet says some paint work on hood and a front fender. Origimal owner, trailer hitch, Pirelli tires, modified exhaust with 6 speed. Don’t know mileage or extra options but nice shiney chrome wheels and pretty redline paint when enlarged. Even without boards, that’s a deal. Ideal for the former poster wanting to put a 6 speed in his automatic. Could cost that much for parts and labor. the rest is free. Seems to be the only R there. Been fun watching them this year and delaying these findings for those interested

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle Tire

·
189 the LAST blur
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This truck sold today for $16,000 w/o commission
  • Window sheet says some paint work on hood and a front fender. Origimal owner, trailer hitch, Pirelli tires, modified exhaust with 6 speed. Don’t know mileage or extra options but nice shiney chrome wheels and pretty redline paint when enlarged. Even without boards, that’s a deal. Ideal for the former poster wanting to put a 6 speed in his automatic. Could cost that much for parts and labor. the rest is free. Seems to be the only R there. Been fun watching them this year and delaying these findings for those interested
View attachment 602762
Found another one ….wow
2003 redline 25,121 miles SOLD $24,750 lot T140.1 last minute addition

·
189 the LAST blur
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Especially if your over 70 (yrs of age) have bad knees or other medical issues, for that cheap and nice you could have 1of each. Then some 4:56 gears and even more fun. But that was my dream a few years ago. Have moved on.

·
SSR Believer
2,810 Posts
That first one looks like a screamin' deal! That happens now and then with a lot of vehicles at auction.

Agreed. Couldn't imagine NOT having a manual transmission back in the day, but now, my rowing days are over. Just like kicking back and letting modern technology take care of the peddling down the road. ;)

·
Registered
'04 pure stock silver SSr
122 Posts
First off the RED one wasn't that great in the flesh.... so it was pretty much 'market correct' with the 10% buyer's premium. The purple one looks rather rough. The '03 Redline was a nice example, but I really didn't look at it closely.

In my experience, there are too many people who let emotions drive their bidding, rather than knowledge or common sense.

I bought one a couple months ago at Mecum and paid near the high end of the market, but I got exactly what I wanted and it's lived up to my expectations.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was after a 6 speed but ended up with an 05’ auto. As we age, a stick just becomes a bit more inconvenient.
I blew out my right distal bicep tendon 2 years ago. I realized then that the auto was the best choice because that injury would have kept me from driving a stick for months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts