Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
OK so I did so more research.
The green two terminal connectors go to the seat back heater element.
The connectors for the seat belt switch are both black.
The female side is clipped onto the inside of the seat frame near where the wire passes though the frame.
(See picture with the clip, this is passenger side, drivers side same switch but should be Dark green and black wires one one connector and both black on the other side
The siring diagram shows female side goes to switch, the connector views show differently ? Hopefully you can tell which goes out toward seat belt

You will want to un-clip the connector from the frame -- then position it so that you can disconnect the connectors == then using tee pins, test resistance with seat belt buckled and unbuckled.
It will be hard to access, you maybe try moving seat back, raise seat up and use the power seat tilt backwards. Try attacking from the front - a good flashlight might help you see the connector. It will probably be almost impossible to get ohmmeter leads connected to connector.

Seat belt switch female.jpg

You could also try to locate C300 near back of seat
16 pin connector - only 13 wires
Unplug and test pins E and F ( again diagram shows female side goes toward switch -= connector view has wire colors that indicate male side)
So test E and F that has the DK green wire in cavity F ----- I really hate it when I see problems like this -- I never know which diagram is correct - make my job tougher.
seat main connector.jpg

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I only have the seats. I can get what ever harness end you need but it may take a week or two to get them. Let me know.

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I would think plug is accessible from under the seat, but not seeing it.

Thanks for the tip on the air bag connector. Have been working with the fuse out to be sure.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
I would think plug is accessible from under the seat, but not seeing it.

Thanks for the tip on the air bag connector. Have been working with the fuse out to be sure.
As I remember from reupholstering my seats - the clip is on the the seat frame - which is ABOVE the seat tracks - so its hard to see.

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Prof

The 16 pin connector is right in my face, so if the seatbelt only runs to there, I will pull that plug and test. Will let you know, but will be a few days.

Dave

seat belt plug 3_InPixio.png

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
@StLDave
Ok so i did some testing on my SSR.
First, trying to hold meter leads of ohmmeter against the male terminals of connector was difficult at best. So i decided to check voltage drops.
I backprobed with meter set to voltage and key turned on.
Pic one shows meter conections. Terminals E and F as noted previously.
Pictures 2 and 3 (not sure why not closer to 12 v, but thats another issue of my own.)
Measuring voltage while unbuckled vs buckled. I was not sure of signal voltage or ability to get accurate ohmmeter readings so i thought i would try both.
Voltage is easier and perhaps more accurate. See how voltage drop went from high ( i suspect should be close to 12v) to almost zero. Confirms an open and then closed switch at buckle.

Let me know if you have questions.
20200720_185606.jpg
20200720_185553.jpg
20200720_185523.jpg

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
OK, been a while, finally have the time to get out to the garage. Back probed the connector, actually pretty easy.

No Buckle, Closed Contact
Buckle In, Open Contact

So the buckle contact is working. Odd thing is this happens even when I am driving alone. Is there a butt sensor that could be bad? I guess if that was the case on passenger side, it would not matter if buckle contact worked?

Going to do the passenger side, is it possible to get the pin connector table? Less wires, but it still feels like Russian Roulette!

Thanks again

Dave

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,303 Posts
If you turn off the passenger air bag does that make a difference? Key switch in the glove box and indicator at center of the header.

Reactions: richsadams

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I can give it a try, but not how I want to operate!

Will let you know what it does.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,303 Posts
I can give it a try, but not how I want to operate!

Will let you know what it does.
I understand. Just a suggested testing tool.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts