Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:frown2:

Not a real big deal, but it seems most every time I get back in to go somewhere and get ready to hook up the seat belt......it has twisted upside down as it comes down over the shoulder.

I can slide it back up and get it to turn over and feed correctly for the hook up........only to have it happen all over again next time.:|

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,902 Posts
Yes, very annoying, I put the SSR seat belt pads on mine and they keep the belts from fully retracting and prevent them from twisting 99% of the time.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,898 Posts
I put the SSR covers on mine also. At first if I got out quickly and closed the door the belts would get caught in the door jam and or twist around. Now as I get out I do it more slowly and lay the belt and the cover gently on the seat as the belt cover won't let it fully retract anyway. Then when I open the door I pull it all out of the way and get in and re-clip the belt latch and make sure it is not twisted. Sounds a little cumbersome but after I did it a few times it goes fast and one doesn't close in the door jam and two doesn't twist. That is my solution story and I am sticking to it. :yellow:

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
COME ON BAAABYYYYY, LET'S DO THE TWIST, TWISTY TWISTY TWISTY, OH YEAH, IT GOES LIKE THIS..... Sorry, couldn't pass up an opening like that, now back to your regularly scheduled programming. ......>:)

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,736 Posts
With having the R, my entering/exiting mentality has changed. I now get in and out of it as if I'm sitting in a whole pile of eggs and making sure I don't make any moves that might break or damage something. I suppose you could call it paranoia in a nice sort of way.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
Every once in a while I just remove the seats - re-set the belts - not a real big deal - HaHa!
They are a PITA

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I had to fix mine on the drivers side it had the belt twisted in the latch. I had to fold the belt and pull it trough. It was a silly thing but drove me crazy when I would drive it.

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
:frown2:

Not a real big deal, but it seems most every time I get back in to go somewhere and get ready to hook up the seat belt......it has twisted upside down as it comes down over the shoulder.

I can slide it back up and get it to turn over and feed correctly for the hook up........only to have it happen all over again next time.:|
Oh hell man, that would REALLY upset me! I would just sell the car! LOL!!!

Hey, you have to live with some minor flaws no matter what you drive.

Enjoy your SSR :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts