Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member (Westchase Wil) from Tampa, FL. and recently acquired a 2006 Slingshot Yellow SSR with 10,500
miles. I just LOVE this car! It is immiculate with the exception of the seats. They have a few cracks ( the car was in
storage for several years) and am debating whether to reupholster or purchase a set of high quality seat covers. I
would also like a recommendation for a good indoor-outdoor car cover (although I have NO intention of storing it
outdoors!) Also, is anyone interested in a gettogether in the Tampa area?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
If you choose Katzkin, DEFINITELY DEFINITELY DEFINITELY choose a good installer. Research and go look at some jobs they have done.

A good, proper, educated, craftsman-like artisic attention-to-detail installation with Katzkin is 99.9% the key in getting a good result.

The seats in the pics above are amazing, but sadly not the rule. I've seen some horrible, terrible Katzkin jobs.

Get with Dicktator. He knows who to go to to get your Katzkins done properly.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
3,874 Posts
@Westchase Will there ya go !!!---ALSO, Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.
Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We will get together when we get a clear from "Stay Home" order.

I am in Clearwater, have set of old seat covers, mine. I recommend recover.

Have Shop in Oldsmar that is very SSR Experienced!

Dicktator
cell 727-460-6038
Hi Dicktator!

Thanks much for the reply. I was about to post a request for an SSR shop. Would sure appreciate
any information! BTW, have you heard of Katzkin leather seating?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you choose Katzkin, DEFINITELY DEFINITELY DEFINITELY choose a good installer. Research and go look at some jobs they have done.

A good, proper, educated, craftsman-like artisic attention-to-detail installation with Katzkin is 99.9% the key in getting a good result.

The seats in the pics above are amazing, but sadly not the rule. I've seen some horrible, terrible Katzkin jobs.

Get with Dicktator. He knows who to go to to get your Katzkins done properly.
Thanks so much!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
You might try conditioning your seats in the meantime. I use a leather conditioner that I started using on kangaroo soccer boots back when I was coaching.

It will darken the leather, but that is not a problem with black. If you use it, plan on not setting on it for a day.

It is call Chelsea Leather Food. I have not purchased it in a while, but I assume you can get it on Amazon.

Dave

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,206 Posts
Yes, I installed my seats, right! I removed them, 4 bolts.

But my Shop AutoStyles did Katzkin install, they are Dealer.

Go to there shop, tell them Dicktator sent you. They will walk you thru process and selections.

Frank Sanchez – General Manager (habla español)

3947 Tampa Rd. Oldsmar, FL 34677

Call us at: 813-430-7000 or 727-434-2277

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
Lots of questions for you: When did you get it done? Where did you buy the new leather-did they put the logo on them? A specific red? How much? Lastly, the center armrest....Where and how much?
Was done at a Katskin dealer in Brentwood,TN, in February. Katskin will put logo on. Total bill with taxes and license fee for logo was $1300.00. Arm rest from Amazon.
Screenshot_20200411-065713.png

1 - 16 of 16 Posts