Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got this happening? The seat heater switch has gotten pretty loose - turns on either by itself or very little jarring. This might not be a problem in Northern Michigan - but we're still running in the low 90's here. By the time you realize it's on - it's too hot to cool off while you're still sitting in it. Going on 12,300 miles and bought it in January. I'm thinking I'll just find the fuse for it and yank it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
houtex said:
Anybody got this happening? The seat heater switch has gotten pretty loose - turns on either by itself or very little jarring. This might not be a problem in Northern Michigan - but we're still running in the low 90's here. By the time you realize it's on - it's too hot to cool off while you're still sitting in it. Going on 12,300 miles and bought it in January. I'm thinking I'll just find the fuse for it and yank it.
Hot seat twice for me and the seat heater does work. I'm sure I'm bumping it when I'm getting in and it takes only a little time to realize it's on. I'll never have a need for this feature in Southern California, I hope..........

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a problem with the seat heater turning on every time I got in or out of my SSR. The dealer replaced the plastic trim peice around the seat and opened up the clearance around the switch opening. This seemed to work.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
seat heater

I checked the Owner's Manual. The bad news is I couldn't find a listing for a fuse for just the seat heater. The good news is that, if you turn the ignitiion off with the seat heater "ON", then the seat heater switch is disabled when you next start up the vehicle until you flip the switch back to "OFF" and then "ON" again. Might just leave it "ON" since it seems to want to go that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts