Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a question which I have never seen:

Does anyone know of any seat lowering kits for the SRR?
I am 6-3 and what people refer to as "long waisted". Having always had issues with cars and head room, I have had to make "adjustments" to the seats of a few of my ex vehicals, including three vettes. Prior to purchasing my 04 SRR, I was driving (then drowning) a BMW Z4 which had more headroom than any othe car or truck I have ever owned.
Of course, I love my SSR, but it would make my day if anyone knows of a way to lower the seats.

Thanks
Speed2acer
04 Slingshot
FNDURLN

·
Registered
487 Posts
I call it the tall curse

Speed2acer said:
I am 6-3 and what people refer to as "long waisted".
I'm 6-2 and have the same trouble....(except I’m more wide waisted than long waisted :lol ) I’m always having to duck down to watch the light turn green.....Or, get the green light right between the Mirror and the top of the windshield frame. I haven’t given my mom a ride in my SSR yet. I don’t want to hear....Don’t Slouch! :nono

I’ve also had cars on the right blocked by my rear-view mirror especially at stop signs.
I might not see them, but they always see me :thumbs

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Joe....what you need is a "Lightinsight" Go to lightinsight.com for a device which is essentially a prism which bends your viewing ability to see a traffic light when your almost underneath it.
Only about $12, but saves wear and tear on your neck around to see the change to green.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Premium Member
31,421 Posts
Purple Penelope said:
Joe....what you need is a "Lightinsight" Go to lightinsight.com for a device which is essentially a prism which bends your viewing ability to see a traffic light when your almost underneath it.
Only about $12, but saves wear and tear on your neck around to see the change to green.

P/P

Peace :flag
Big Jim has something like that and has recommended it to me as well. (I'm 6'3" too). I don't think my biggest beef is having to duck to see lights cuz it seems like I do that in everything I've ever driven, including my full size Silverado (although no where near as much). However, I do like seeing as much of the road in front of me as possible and I keep ducking down so I can see further ahead. If there is a way to drop the seat an inch or two, I'm all for it!

Perhaps those that have removed them for customizing might have some insight. I have a feeling though that we're out of luck with all that electro-mechanical gear they put in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked around a couple of upholstery shops,both had the same thing:
Rework the lower section by removing or shaving the seat cushin. Hmmm.. One also added that he was doing alot of memoryfoam recushin. This is the same stuff that the Thempurpedic beds are made of. The guy says that they are real comfortable. I may be onto something... I did want to recover the leather and perforate for a bit less heat in the seat! lol
Thanks for the input

·
Registered
324 Posts
When I worked for a Porsche dealer ,our tall customers would take their cars to a body shop and they would rework the seat frame.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Fanatics -- When I owned Vipers and being 6'4", I contacted one of the Viper forum vendors that had a 2" seat lowering kit and it worked. But I must say that I don't have any problems with the heigth available in the SSR, if fact it was one of many reasons why I bought it. $.02 worth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts