Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused Today I noticed that the plastic piece that runs horizontally across the front of the drivers seat at the base, is loose. I tried to fit it back in but it does not seem to want to engage like the passenger seat does. There appears to be a small metal clip that is parallel to a diagonal slot that it should fit into. It goes in the slot but does not lock in place. The left side is locked in just fine, the part on the right does not want to stay in place. Anyone else have parts from their seats coming loose? Guess it will be another thing to have them look at on the next oil change.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Loose spoiler

I found that the piece of plastic that imitates a spoiler under the nose is loose. Chevy put these things on with cheap ass plastic pins instead of real screws or bolts.
Everyone might want to reach underneath and check yours.
This thing gets the full force of the air and plastic pins ain't going to cut it for long.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, but most all new cars are loaded with plastic and the main reason I bought the SSR and love it so much if for the amazing amount of actual steel in the body parts. Now the other parts, well, ya gotta keep the weight off somehow I suppose.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I am sure

That GM thought it was a good idea at the time. It is up to us to let them know why it doesn't work. I love Chevy but my dad says it rattles as well as rolls. Something I have learned to live with on my other Chevy's so I guess I will do the same to this one too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Seat Piece

Hey Cruzned....

My wife got her SSR last October and that piece fell off before we got it back to New Jersey from Michigan. I messed around with it for a while then put it in the hatch. We're going to have the dealer fuss with it the next time we have it in for an oil change.

These early ones are built like 'kit cars' but we didn't get it for the quality or practicality.... Have fun with it and add it to the list of warranty work you have done at the shop.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're checkin her out today. They are replacing the drivers side window and the part that makes it go up and down too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts