Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I think that my driver's seat is loose. The seat back moves from side to side about (.10) inches. In other words, from outside of the vehicle if I grab the head rest on the side and lightly pull it toward me or push it away from me it moves about (.10) inches. My passengers seat does not have this problem. It is solid. When I pull on it from the side it does not move. I noticed this from the beginning with my SSR. It is particularly noticable when turning corners. The seat back moves to the side.

Does anyone else have this problem?

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Registered
192 Posts
Loose Seat

Eric-

Mine are tight. The driver and passenger seats should feel the same. You may want to check the nuts that fasten the seat rails to the bellypan of the truck. Could it be the seats were taken out when you had your Alarm and Remote top installed? Maybe they didnt torque your seat frame down tight enough? Just a thought.

Doug

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pushrods4ever said:
Eric-

Mine are tight. The driver and passenger seats should feel the same. You may want to check the nuts that fasten the seat rails to the bellypan of the truck. Could it be the seats were taken out when you had your Alarm and Remote top installed? Maybe they didnt torque your seat frame down tight enough? Just a thought.

Doug

Thanks Doug,

I will ask Victor if he removed the seats, but from what I saw he didn't. Also, I noticed this since the first day I had the vehicle. But in my zeal to drive, I just never addressed it until now. It seems to be worse.

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Registered
192 Posts
Loose seat

Eric-

I did talk to Victor a few weeks ago about what was involved with installing the remote start/alarm. He did mention that he had to take the seats out, so that is why I mentioned it.

Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts