Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about different seat skins next spring. Found 2 company's that do them, Katzskin, and Canada Seat Skins. Anyone have dealings with any of them or another company? Don't want covers, want the whole skin.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
replacement seat covers

I am also considering this task.
I was going to attempt to purchase the covers and install myself. I have replaced covers on other models. (due to worn cover or bad heater element)
Factory diagrams provide valuable insight.

I looked into Katskin - could not find pricing, as far as I can tell you have to go though an installer to purchase.

Can anybody provide a close price of what the covers cost. With and with out installation?

I found this company and their website --
http://https://www.leatherseats.com/home/
their prices seem reasonable -- I like the interactive part of picking colors - seam type etc.
You can also purchase extra for door panels etc.

I will not know what my budget is until I receive my contract for next semester and then I can decide what to cross off the wish list!

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can't buy directly from Katzskin, have to go to authorized dealer for installation because of warranty. Was at a car show about a year ago was given estimate of $1000. Canada skins website says $749. Starting price. Than you have to get someone to install.Yea know about "Wish List" . People aren't buying new cars and the overtime is drying up.

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
I had good luck with Katzkin but the Dealer is important.

We have a great shop AutoSyles.

Dicktator

These are Katzkin but Phil, AutoStyles Upholster was the key.
I wanted the SSR logo on my Katskinz I just ordered and they told my dealer they won't add that to the seat cover because of logo infringement. How is it I see those on the photos of the seats you have?

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
I wanted the SSR logo on my Katskinz I just ordered and they told my dealer they won't add that to the seat cover because of logo infringement. How is it I see those on the photos of the seats you have?
Shouldn't be a problem without the bowtie. Perhaps you can send them out to be embroidered prior to install.

·
I had no issue with getting Katzkin (via Auto Spa AZ) to add the logo (including a Chevy bowtie) on my seat covers (on two different trucks even). That was in 2008 and 2009, so I guess things could have changed since then :confused. The Logo was embroidered by Katzkin not Auto Spa AZ.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you want a bargain, you might try https://www.lseat.com/. If they don't have a pattern for the SSR ( and I doubt they do), they will give you 1/2 off if you send in one of the covers off your seats as a pattern. I did it for my El Camino ( Acura seats), and it took a few weeks, but the product was good ( surely not as good as the Katskins), and for less than $200 shipped, I couldn't pass up the bargain.

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
I had no issue with getting Katzkin (via Auto Spa AZ) to add the logo (including a Chevy bowtie) on my seat covers (on two different trucks even). That was in 2008 and 2009, so I guess things could have changed since then :confused. The Logo was embroidered by Katzkin not Auto Spa AZ.

Thanks for sharing this. I hooked up with Steve at Auto Spa. They covered he seats, door panels, center arm rest E-brake boot all logo included.p on the seats. They also recarpeted the interior to black p. Looks awesome. Used high grade leather (no more squeaky seats) on everything.

·
Thanks for sharing this. I hooked up with Steve at Auto Spa. They covered he seats, door panels, center arm rest E-brake boot all logo included.p on the seats. They also recarpeted the interior to black p. Looks awesome. Used high grade leather (no more squeaky seats) on everything.
Sounds great!! I think they do good work there..:thumbs

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Sounds great!! I think they do good work there..:thumbs
Really nice work, a little expensive and they leave a hell of a mess, but after spending an hour or so removing all the glue smears and hand smudges it turned out really nice.

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,874 Posts
Really nice work, a little expensive and they leave a hell of a mess, but after spending an hour or so removing all the glue smears and hand smudges it turned out really nice.
Photos???

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
It totally depends on the embroidery shop. Some worry about the infringement others don’t.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,874 Posts
I'll post some later this afternoon when the sun comes out and I can drop the top.
2 degrees here and no sun so far. Enjoy your weather for me.

Reactions: S2NAZ

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
2 degrees here and no sun so far. Enjoy your weather for me.
77 here today :)

Here are a few photos. The steering wheel is coming from Cali and I should have that here soon. All bolstered and red stitched. The carpet has also been covered with black which looks a ton better.

Attachments

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
77 here today :)

Here are a few photos. The steering wheel is coming from Cali and I should have that here soon. All bolstered and red stitched. The carpet has also been covered with black which looks a ton better.
Trying this again, had to reduce the picture size

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts