Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my SSR from a member on here it had 8900 miles on it and was well taken care of. The only thing I didn't like after driving it home 300+ miles were the seats. Someone on here turned me on to Katzkins. I ordered a set and took the car to their recommended installer. I asked them to add some bolster to the seats and had them do a little custom stitching.

I liked the way they looked when I got the SSR back but it wasn't until I drove it that I appreciated the additional support. The added bolster and diamond stitching greatly improved the comfort level.

So hats off to Katzkins, their installer and thanks to whoever it was that recommended them.

fltsfshr

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,943 Posts
Had my seats done years ago, you will like Katzkin.

I have SEAT REMOVAL on How to Library: New folder - OneDrive (live.com)

Also did Door Panels and Headliner.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I to have looked at ordering a set of covers from Katzkins but i see on their website that they are not doing the SSR stitching on the upper sections do to GM licensing restrictions
so until I find someone around N-GA that will do the SSR stitching I'll hold off.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,943 Posts
I to have looked at ordering a set of covers from Katzkins but i see on their website that they are not doing the SSR stitching on the upper sections do to GM licensing restrictions
so until I find someone around N-GA that will do the SSR stitching I'll hold off.
Yes, GM was/is charging to much for Katzkin to justify paying for copy right use of SSR Logo.

Not enough orders anymore.

Hope you find someone to do your covers, OEM covers are combination of vinyl and leather.

Plus need more padding.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Yes, GM was/is charging to much for Katzkin to justify paying for copy right use of SSR Logo.

Not enough orders anymore.

Hope you find someone to do your covers, OEM covers are combination of vinyl and leather.

Plus need more padding.

Dicktator
Your right about the padding when i had my first SSR A Red Line the drive from GA to Laughlin, NV every year sure made this Butt Sore.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,549 Posts
Hmmm....

"The ORIGINAL bucket seat"!! - And you think you need more support!!!?!??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Debating on using perf leather and Alacantra

Pics of a shop I use in Bytom Poland

I send a LD3 container to him via fed ex every two months .
German fabric ,Austria leather
Recaro CS seats
Sema build last year
Dash was just installed and is perfect with matching color and stitching
Yo

·
Premium Member
6,447 Posts
I bought mine through a Katskin dealer here in Tennessee. They would not do the SSR silhouette but they did do the letters no problem.
IMG_20200208_104203353_HDR.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts